Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3199
View in linear mode

Subject: " Thanks for the help! ...Neon trans. install" Previous topic | Next topic
grainJul-18-04 04:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3199, " Thanks for the help! ...Neon trans. install"

Just wanted to say thanks to a few of you on these boards for all of the great advice. Especially Grain, who made several trips (100 miles each way!). I couldn't have done it without you, man! I originally wanted to install my used quaife in this trans, but for some reason it wouldn't fit. It will next time. Guess new bearings are called for along with new bolts on the ring gear. Duh.
This site is at the top of my "favorites" for good reason-alot of great advice. And when the advice isn't so great, someone always comes to the rescue. Sure, there's a little dissention at times-its gonna happen, but for the most part, this site is just plain awesome! Makes me proud to be a member. Again, thanks and keep up the good work.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eclipse98rsHRCJul-18-04 04:39 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2002
104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3200, "RE: Thanks for the help! ...Neon trans. install"
In response to Reply # 0

It looks like SOMEBODY logged on my pc, then logged onto 2gnt(Grain)! I didnt know this until I posted the above. I am just trying to give credit where credit is due!

Craig

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420AYEJul-23-04 02:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3225, "RE: Thanks for the help! ...Neon trans. install"
In response to Reply # 1

looks like you could tell grain in first person..... but yes.. this place rocks.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

grainJul-30-04 01:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#3248, "RE: Thanks for the help! ...Neon trans. install"
In response to Reply # 2

guess i forgot to log out. i dunno.

siueclipseAug-20-04 06:16 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#3319, "RE: Thanks for the help! ...Neon trans. install"
In response to Reply # 3

i took my diff of the ring gear and put it on the mitsu diff on the neon ring gear so i could keep my lsd.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-20-04 09:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3320, "RE: Thanks for the help! ...Neon trans. install"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by siueclipse
i took my diff of the ring gear and put it on the mitsu diff on the neon ring gear so i could keep my lsd.

You have to replace the ring gear anyway. To expect anything different is lunacy. final drive is ring gear / pinion gear.

Back on topic: Thanks. You're welcome. This is why we're still here

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3199 Previous topic | Next topic