Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #223
View in linear mode

Subject: "phantom grip" Previous topic | Next topic
2g99RSNCMar-19-03 09:10 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
894 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#223, "phantom grip"

Ok i have one question and that is has ne one on here had there phantom grip fail. I got the money to order one and sence i have to put in another tranny i wanted to go ahead and put one of those phantom grips in. thnaks

built turbo 99 rs-back to stock and parted out
Now: 2003 S2000 Aem ems, 1000cc injectors, inline pro 3mm headgasket, T67 turbo, full race manifold, Tial 44m wastegate, Tial 50mm bov, 255 fuel pump, kaaz 1.5 lsd, comptech bearing caps, j's 4.77 gears, and so much more

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: phantom grip, PowerEclipses, Mar-19-03 02:23 PM, #1
RE: phantom grip, 2g99RSNC, Mar-19-03 07:02 PM, #2
RE: phantom grip, PowerEclipses, Mar-23-03 03:27 PM, #3
      RE: phantom grip, Jasvb TS2K2, Mar-23-03 07:53 PM, #4
           RE: phantom grip, 420aVenger, Mar-23-03 09:25 PM, #5
                RE: phantom grip, Jasvb TS2K2, Mar-24-03 04:49 AM, #6
                     RE: phantom grip, 420aVenger, Mar-24-03 08:14 AM, #7
                          RE: phantom grip, Jasvb TS2K2, Mar-24-03 12:13 PM, #8
                               RE: phantom grip, 420aVenger, Mar-25-03 08:59 AM, #9
                                    RE: phantom grip, PowerEclipses, Mar-25-03 05:04 PM, #10
                                         RE: phantom grip, 420aVenger, Mar-25-03 06:30 PM, #11
                                              RE: phantom grip, HadesOmega, Apr-01-03 12:30 AM, #12
                                                   RE: phantom grip, The1Bill, Apr-02-03 09:20 AM, #13
                                                        RE: phantom grip, 2g99RSNC, Apr-03-03 04:47 PM, #14
                                                             RE: phantom grip, HadesOmega, Apr-03-03 04:53 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: phantom grip, 2g99RSNC, Apr-04-03 03:24 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: phantom grip, daltah, Apr-22-03 07:56 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: phantom grip, daltah, Apr-22-03 08:46 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: phantom grip, 420aVenger, Apr-22-03 05:26 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: phantom grip, 2g99RSNC, Apr-22-03 06:35 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: phantom grip, JustOne, Apr-22-03 08:54 PM, #21
                                                                                                RE: phantom grip, 420aVenger, Apr-23-03 01:19 PM, #22

PowerEclipsesMar-19-03 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#227, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 0

Acutally no one has had one fail ever I believe. I just took my tranny apart and installed it. Pretty easy install. Just watch out when you take out those plates holding the springs they go flying

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2g99RSNCMar-19-03 07:02 PM
894 posts,
#229, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 0

thanks for the repl
As far a launching the car off line have u been able to tell a big differnce?

Now: 2003 S2000 Aem ems, 1000cc injectors, inline pro 3mm headgasket, T67 turbo, full race manifold, Tial 44m wastegate, Tial 50mm bov, 255 fuel pump, kaaz 1.5 lsd, comptech bearing caps, j's 4.77 gears, and so much more

PowerEclipsesMar-23-03 03:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#250, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 2

Well, I just installed it and now waiting to put my engine back into the car. But, I have been told its GREAT and that its a killer around turns.

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Jasvb TS2K2Mar-23-03 07:53 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
#258, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 3

I have heard that the Neons need the pinion shaft soldered cause of potential of a fall out. Is that not an issue with our trannys? I too plan to get the PG very soon..

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2
"The ONLY Honda I'd mod would be ASIMO"

420aVengerMar-23-03 09:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#259, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 4

Yes it is an issue for us. Just get the diff pin brackets. I just got mine for like $9 for both.

Jasvb TS2K2Mar-24-03 04:49 AM
1419 posts,
#260, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 5

>Yes it is an issue for us. Just get the diff pin brackets.
>I just got mine for like $9 for both.
>
Where can I get them from?

420aVengerMar-24-03 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#264, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 6

From the dealer. It's Part #04800059AA

When you get them you will see that the top is rounded and goes about 1/2" higher. You need to cut part of the top off and make it about even with that little lip like mine is. If you don't shorten them up the top will hit the speedo gear and break it.

Jasvb TS2K2Mar-24-03 12:13 PM
1419 posts,
#267, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 7

>From the dealer. It's Part #04800059AA
>
>When you get them you will see that the top is rounded and
>goes about 1/2" higher. You need to cut part of the top off
>and make it about even with that little lip like mine is. If
>you don't shorten them up the top will hit the speedo gear and
>break it.

That pic look a little dark, if it's not too much to ask, could you email me a better picture or post it here of the pin assembly. Also any other issue that should be dealt with with the install of the PG in out tranny? TIA

420aVengerMar-25-03 08:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#269, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 8

That's the only pic I have. This page has lots of good pics though.

http://www.scecnet.net/~neonneon/neon/gripinstall.html

PowerEclipsesMar-25-03 05:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#271, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 9

When you put those brackets back in, what torque specs did you use on the bolts? And you did use loctite right?

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

420aVengerMar-25-03 06:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#272, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 10

The torque specs on those are 60 ft/lb according to the manual. I didn't use a torque wrench I just tightened them as much as I could since they don't fully screw in now because of the brackets. And yes I use loctite on almost all of my bolts.

HadesOmegaApr-01-03 12:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#315, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 11
Apr-01-03 12:31 AM by HadesOmega

I read in SCC or was it superstreet anyway they did a PG install on a neon and they said that we should get a replacement pin do we need to? I got one of those SIDs and am probably gonna go install in sometime this week. I got a welder so all I have to do is tack weld some metal around the pin? does it matter how much metal you weld on it, like if it were to rub up on something? haha just trying to get prepared

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

The1BillApr-02-03 09:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#327, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 12

I would honestly just use the brackets. They are about 9 dollars for the both of them, and it saves you the hassle of grinding off the welds if you need to take the differential apart again.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

2g99RSNCApr-03-03 04:47 PM
894 posts,
#337, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 13

orderd the phantom grip for 268 shipped online
went to a local import shop in winston and they wanted 386 for it

HadesOmegaApr-03-03 04:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#338, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 14

newskool racing SID = 150 dollaz

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

2g99RSNCApr-04-03 03:24 AM
894 posts,
#345, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 15

I was going to get that but i heard that it was made of two different types of metal and that the outside layer might wear off so i just went with phantom grip. It also has a manufacturer's lifetime warranty. I'm just now getting ready to put in my new tranny so i didnt want to take a chance and have to buy a new tranny again if the new school fails.

daltahApr-22-03 07:56 AM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
240 posts,
#499, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 16
Apr-22-03 08:35 AM by daltah

Would it be a good idea to get the pin bracket even if you just have a stock clutch?Im doing a manual conversion and was wondering if i should get one before i do it.I called the dealership and they said that part number you gave doesnt exist

daltahApr-22-03 08:46 AM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
240 posts,
#501, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 17

Couldnt you just weld the pin on istead of getting a fastening bracket because even with that part number the dealership says it doesnt exist

420aVengerApr-22-03 05:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#503, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 18

>>>I called the dealership and they said that part number you gave doesnt exist<<<

They're full of shit. I had just ordered my brackets like the day before I posted that. That p/n came right off of the piece of paper I read to the dealer. They found it just fine.

2g99RSNCApr-22-03 06:35 PM
894 posts,
#504, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 19

did u get them at a dodge or mitsubishi dealership

JustOneApr-22-03 08:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#505, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 20

It's a Mopar part.

420aVengerApr-23-03 01:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#511, "RE: phantom grip"
In response to Reply # 21

Oh sorry. I never even think about you guys using the Mitsu dealer also.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #223 Previous topic | Next topic