Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1061
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch and tranny..." Previous topic | Next topic
oMInOUs97RSJul-26-03 07:11 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1061, "Clutch and tranny..."

My clutch is going out and I need to replace it. I plan on going turbo in the future, and probably putting in a LSD (the newskool one sounds great for only 160, but is it really good, or are you getting what you pay for?). I have a slight tranny leak somewhere... I haven't found out where it's coming from yet, so I'm thinking it could be a seal. Is there anything else I should do while I'm in here now? And which clutch would be a smart choice?
Thanks

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

oMInOUs97RSJul-29-03 02:34 PM
394 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1084, "RE: Clutch and tranny..."
In response to Reply # 0

bizumpityumpupm!
Anyone?

-Albert Einstein

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJul-29-03 04:29 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1085, "RE: Clutch and tranny..."
In response to Reply # 1

Well if you are taking apart the trans, I would replace the input shaft bearing, and also the output shaft bearing. The input shaft bearing needs to be pressed in, a local trans shop did mine for like 20 bucks. Saved me the big headache of using a big socket and a hammer for an hour.. Also, get new axle shaft oil seals. They just pry out of the trans casing, and you just tap them into place. Also, with the trans apart, take some time and carfully inspect all the gear teeth, and bearings, and bearing races to be sure all are ok and no pits, scratches, ect are on them. Thats really all you can do to the trans. As for a clutch, if you want one that can hold lots of power, go with a Clutchmaster's setup. Cant go wrong. If you are thinking of getting a lightend flywheel, like the Fidanza, IMO, it may not be realy worth the price. Turns out they only weigh 3 lbs lighter than a stock flywheel. A little is better than nothing though.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

oMInOUs97RSJul-29-03 07:51 PM
394 posts,
#1087, "RE: Clutch and tranny..."
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks bro, I'll look in to that. How much do you think the other bearings and seals are?

-Albert Einstein

TeamXtremeRSJul-30-03 03:11 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1093, "RE: Clutch and tranny..."
In response to Reply # 3

Well for the input shaft bearing, and output shaft bearing, from a Dodge Dealer, they are around 40-50 bucks each. I can scrounge up the part#'s for those 2 bearings if you like.. Not sure how much the axle shaft seals are, but they are def cheaper, maybe around 15-20 bucks each?? I dont have part#'s for those though..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1061 Previous topic | Next topic