Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1026
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeametxJul-23-03 09:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1026, "Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"

Hey I am thinking about getting the clutchmasters stage 3 or 4. I rember reading that they last long and work well. I was looking at thier web site, they are about $800.. ouch!

Questions:
How do you like the clutchmaster so far?
What one did you get? (part numbers? )
Will the neon ones work? they seem a bit cheaper!!

thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!, Kirby, Jul-23-03 12:15 PM, #1
RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!, thegame, Jul-24-03 02:04 AM, #2
      RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!, Teametx, Jul-24-03 09:59 AM, #3
           RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!, WickedESi, Jul-27-03 05:06 AM, #4
                RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!, turbo8u, Jul-27-03 11:49 AM, #5
                     RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!, Teametx, Aug-02-03 06:56 PM, #6
                          RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-02-03 07:16 PM, #7
                               RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!, Teametx, Aug-04-03 05:21 AM, #8

KirbyJul-23-03 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1030, "RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Love it.
Stage 4 (don't know the part number)
Yes it will the one I bought said neon on it.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thegameJul-24-03 02:04 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
#1034, "RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-24-03 02:04 AM by thegame

Stage 4. I like it so far. Only had it in for a couple days. Not even 500 miles yet. Bought it from ^ Kirby. Is anyone else's pedal pretty soft/almost stock feel? Mine is. And the pedal has to be almost all the way back out before it engages too. Is that normal?

14.7 @ 93mph / 7psi 185hp/180tq

TeametxJul-24-03 09:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#1038, "RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-24-03 10:02 AM by etx

yeah i think thura posted something about the clutch acting like that. He put some washers on the slave cylender to back it off the arm a bit.

ogh yeah.. will this one work for me? Our cars use modular clutches right? This one says it comes with the flywheel for ~$800. good price?

http://www.clutchmasters.com/shop/?page=shop%2Fflypage&MakeID=35&FromYear=1996&MakeModelID=8128&AppID=935

WickedESiJul-27-03 05:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1064, "RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Yes, my CM Stage 1 clutch was about $550, and the Findanza flywheel was about $335.

turbo8uJul-27-03 11:49 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#1065, "RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"
In response to Reply # 4

if u get it the stage 4 cm from hahn its about 800 something, fully assembled on a flywheel. runs about 782 to be exact.

TeametxAug-02-03 06:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#1110, "RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"
In response to Reply # 5

What about the SPEC clutches? check this out

http://www.nipponpower.com/drivetrain/clutch/spec_eagle.html

The stage 3 is $439.95 and that comes with a new flywheel. I am really pressed for cash so i want the most cost effective clutch. I am selling most all of my extra parts and stuff to pay for the rest of the stuff I need.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-02-03 07:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1111, "RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"
In response to Reply # 6

www.clutchmasters.com lists RSRP prices.. typically you can buy them for cheaper than that.

ARD sells the modular stage 4 clutch for the 2GNT for $680ish. Give them a call - http://www.advancedracingdynamics.com

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeametxAug-04-03 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#1112, "RE: Clutchmasters clutch users, i need your input!!"
In response to Reply # 7

stage 4 sounds like an axle snapper to me! :o

thanks man! ill give them a call.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1026 Previous topic | Next topic