Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #729
View in linear mode

Subject: "CLUTCH QUES" Previous topic | Next topic
solareclipsegurlMay-20-03 07:51 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#729, "CLUTCH QUES"

Well i've got my turbo done finally.. and my clutch seems to be doing just fine..but i'm curious.. for future reference.. what clutches you guys have used..and whats on the market.. I have tried looking at RPS and ACT and cant seem to find any for our cars.. I dont like clutch masters at all.. so what else is there? i know centerforce..but what else..

thanx in advance=)

~Lisa~

www.liquidimaginationz.com
www.extremecarsinc.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: CLUTCH QUES, HadesOmega, May-20-03 09:36 PM, #1
RE: CLUTCH QUES, Kirby, May-21-03 07:14 AM, #2
      Centerforce HORROR story, TeamAvenger, May-21-03 01:24 PM, #3
           RE: Centerforce HORROR story, solareclipsegurl, May-21-03 09:19 PM, #4
                RE: Centerforce HORROR story, Kirby, May-22-03 05:24 AM, #5
                     RE: Centerforce HORROR story, juggalo, May-22-03 03:21 PM, #6
                          RE: Centerforce HORROR story, JustOne, May-22-03 07:46 PM, #7

HadesOmegaMay-20-03 09:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#730, "RE: CLUTCH QUES"
In response to Reply # 0

OEM you can go Sach or Luk

My Luk is really soft and engages really high. Something I don't really like. Hope it gets better. Grabs better than my worn out stocker though

You can get a Center Force Dual Friction clutch, which I heard is not so reliable.

You can do a non modular conversion with a neon flywheel which I heard is not so reliable as well.

Then you can get really expensive clutch masters which is really reliable from what I heard.

There a company called STAR that makes clutches that are good I hear don't know where to get em though.

I think Borg Warner makes a clutch for us which is not so good also.

ACT DOES NOT make a clutch for us. Check ebay out sometimes you can get a good deal on a clutch kit.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KirbyMay-21-03 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#732, "RE: CLUTCH QUES"
In response to Reply # 1

Why don't you like clutchmasters? I'm just wondering. But yeah to tell you the truth I would say that clutchmasters makes the most reliable clutch for our cars, for a big company that is. Get in touch with motofool on the board and ask about his clutches. If you change your mind about CM though let me know, I have a brand new one for sale.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

TeamAvengerMay-21-03 01:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#733, "Centerforce HORROR story"
In response to Reply # 2

I wouldn't get anything from centerforce again. My centerforce lost two alignment dowel pins that shot from the bellhousing into the trans case then back out of the bottom of the case after getting caught up on the diff. Not to mention I really didn't like the soft feel of the CFDF.

I have a non-modular clutchmasters stage 4 now. I like it but it's a bit extreme for daily driving.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

solareclipsegurlMay-21-03 09:19 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
#735, "RE: Centerforce HORROR story"
In response to Reply # 3

thanx for the input.. i'll have to check on some of those companies.. i havnt heard of some of them.. as far as clutchmasters.. the reason i dont like em is cause my boy who had the stage 3 burnt his out in less than 6 months.. (in a supercharged honda).. he now has a rps 6puck (metel on metel)..which is way more reliable then then CM, however,they dont make them for our cars...=(.. i'm not sure of the difference between the clutches made for the hondas and the eclipse's as far as CM goes.. so I'll have to check into that a lil more.. if i hear any info on something new .. i'll post=).. thanx again for the info and advice.

~Lisa~

www.liquidimaginationz.com
www.extremecarsinc.com

KirbyMay-22-03 05:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#736, "RE: Centerforce HORROR story"
In response to Reply # 4

Well you also have to look at the power he was pushing. Justone, burnd his stage 3 in no time, but not because it was not quality product, it was just too much power. It might have been the same in that honda, but with all the honda drivers I know, it was prolly the way he drove it....lol I'm not trying to down your boy though..

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

juggaloMay-22-03 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#738, "RE: Centerforce HORROR story"
In response to Reply # 5
May-22-03 03:21 PM by juggalo

http://www.gottude.com/drivetrain.htm

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

JustOneMay-22-03 07:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#739, "RE: Centerforce HORROR story"
In response to Reply # 6

Big difference between Kevlar and ceramic, BIG!

Bottom line about CM stage 4, it will hold ALL your power. The down side is the life of the clutch isn’t anywhere near a stock clutch (For most). Driving habits, power output and quality of clutch will all factor in on the life of it.

I am sticking w/ stage 4 even if they go out every six months because they hold all the power. (And that’s what is important, IMO)

Brian

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #729 Previous topic | Next topic