Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5409
View in linear mode

Subject: "Some more gear slippage..(DESCRIPTIVE)" Previous topic | Next topic
Wolfs 2gMay-07-06 08:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5409, "Some more gear slippage..(DESCRIPTIVE)"

Ok, here's the deal guys. I've got a '97 Eclipse NT with the NV T350 MTX and, have searched but, I have seen answers all the way from fluid change to rebuild as far as fixing this little problem and, I'm looking for some clarification. The shifter is slipping out of 3rd and 3rd only and, only seems to do it when everything gets up to operating temp and, only when I try to maintain low to mid RPMs (2k-4k) or let out of the gas. Accelerating is fine and it seems to do it less on cooler days/more on warm. Also while in gear I usualy have my hand BEHIND the shifter NOT applying pressure to ensure it doesn't slip out but, I did try pushing on it and seemed to feel like it wasn't all the way in gear but, it won't stay in that position. Difference between normal 3rd gear position and and forward pressure limit of advance is approx. 3/4"-1". Any enlightenment on this would be greatly appreciated as this is my daily and ONLY driver. TIA and props to the mod's and techs on this site, you guys rock!

.......but I can dream!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-08-06 02:28 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5410, "RE: Some more gear slippage..(DESCRIPTIVE)"
In response to Reply # 0

3rd gear, 3/4th slider, and dogs need to be changed out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Wolfs 2gMay-08-06 04:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
44 posts,
#5411, "RE: Some more gear slippage..(DESCRIPTIVE)"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
3rd gear, 3/4th slider, and dogs need to be changed out.

Well, not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks for the strait answer

.......but I can dream!!!!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5409 Previous topic | Next topic