Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5296
View in linear mode

Subject: "odd noises any suggestions?" Previous topic | Next topic
vegasrs97Mar-29-06 09:24 PM
Member since Mar 30th 2006
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5296, "odd noises any suggestions?"

I have a 97 rs with nv t350 and when i start it in the morning or after sitting for 8 hours at work when engine is cold, it makes a noise from the tranny that goes away when you put in the clutch, i have already replaced whole clutch set and throwout bearing any advice please!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-30-06 01:20 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5301, "RE: odd noises any suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 0

Could be the bearings beginning to wear. I take it when you let out the clutch the noise comes back?

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

vegasrs97Apr-27-06 05:08 AM
Member since Mar 30th 2006
2 posts,
#5368, "RE: odd noises any suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 1

so, would it be better to buy a new trans or try and get a rebuild in your opinion?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-27-06 02:28 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#5372, "RE: odd noises any suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 2

only way to know the most economical solution is to tear the trans apart and see what is failing.

Here is some info to help you decide.

Rebuild kit cost.....400.00
That kti doesnt contail all the wearing parts, only the main ones so you may be forced to buy some dealer parts as well.

Labor to intall rebuild kit...200.00 minimum from a shop

Good used trans......600.00

Weight the options and see what works best for your situation.

If you buy another trans, i will buy the bellhousing from you for 100.00 shipped

Terry

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5296 Previous topic | Next topic