Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5257
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch Pedal Engagement" Previous topic | Next topic
Red97MitsuMar-20-06 09:40 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2006
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5257, "Clutch Pedal Engagement"

Recently I have noticed that my clutch has been engaging/diengaging lower to the floor. Is there any way to move the engagement point higher up? I was thinking of possibly adjusting the master cylinder pushrod, anyone know if this will work?

Thanks, this is my fist post. I am a new member but I have been tunning for quite some time now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-20-06 09:51 AM, #1
RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-20-06 11:02 AM, #2
      RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-21-06 04:14 PM, #3
           RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement, PiKapp504, Mar-28-06 07:02 AM, #4
                RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-28-06 02:20 PM, #5
                     RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement, Red97Mitsu, Mar-29-06 08:57 AM, #6

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-20-06 09:51 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5258, "RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement"
In response to Reply # 0

look under neither the dash, there is an adjustment rod. Also make sure you are not leakign fluid causing the pedal travel/engagement to move. If your not leaking fluid then bleed the system, get fresh fluid in the lines then adjust your clutch pedal.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95_ESi_PersonMar-20-06 11:02 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#5259, "RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement"
In response to Reply # 1

What would cause the clutch to sporatically engage closer to the floor than what it usually does?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-21-06 04:14 PM
8331 posts,
#5260, "RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement"
In response to Reply # 2

could be a variety of things, new clutch, air in the system, leaking components, wearing clutch master cylinder.

Terry

PiKapp504Mar-28-06 07:02 AM
Member since Feb 22nd 2002
290 posts,
#5292, "RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm having this EXACT same problem. I blead the system and the clutch still engages at the floor. When the tranny's cold, it's hard to get into first and sometimes going into 2nd "grinds". I'm currently using a SPEC Stage 3 clutch. Anyone have any pictures of this rod to adjust and how cramped it is under there? I just want the clutch to engage about 1/2 down and not on the floor anymore.

96 Indy Red Dodge Avenger I4 5spd
225.7whp/227.2wtq @ 10psi, currently running 12-14psi.
HRC Stage III turbo setup
JE 8.8:1 pistons
Eagle rods
block bored .020" over
GReddy FMIC w/ custom piping
1G crushed BOV
SPEC Stage 3 clutch
2.5" DP, 2.5" high flow cat, 3" ERT catback w/ Magnaflow muffler and 3" tip.
much much more...

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-28-06 02:20 PM
8331 posts,
#5293, "RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement"
In response to Reply # 4

Just follow your clutch pedal up to the point where it attaches to the cluthc master rod. There is a 12mm nut you loosen and the rod spins to push the pedal up towards the driver. You will also see a bolt on the backside that acts as a stopper for how high the pedal will raise. You may need to adjust that too.

Terry

Red97MitsuMar-29-06 08:57 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2006
13 posts,
#5294, "RE: Clutch Pedal Engagement"
In response to Reply # 5

I am having some trouble adjusting the master cylinder pushrod. I tried to undo the 12mm nut and the damn thing seems to be on there real tight and the pushrod spins. It is too cramped in there to try to hold the rod. I'm thinking about pulling the master cylinder out to get the nut loose. Is there any other way to get this thing loose?

Thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5257 Previous topic | Next topic