Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4831
View in linear mode

Subject: "New money pit, 3rd-5th gears groan??? Long..sorry" Previous topic | Next topic
SlushboxOct-24-05 04:27 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
73 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4831, "New money pit, 3rd-5th gears groan??? Long..sorry"

Hey all, just purchased a 99' RS m/t that has a rod a knockin' away.
Took the 98' motor out of my 95' GS A/T and put her in the 99'. Started her up, all was well. Clutch felt good, no throw out bearing rattle. Rowed through the gears, engagement was smooth. Then came the test drive, 1st and 2nd were good, but 3rd through 5th make a groaning sound, almost like the thing was reving at 9,000 rpm.
There was also a slight clunk and hesitation that could be felt, like there was something getting caught between the gears. When will this crap end!!!!!
Dropped the tranny Saturday and separated her. Could not see any thing unusual, but the ring gear for the speedo was not locked in on the diff. No biggie. Will be taking the rest apart this week. AHHHHhhhhhhhh.

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

1995 GS A/T: Crushed, what started it all
1999 RS M/T: Back to stock
Mazdaspeed6: sold and quazi missed
1999 Eclipse GSX: HX35, waiting for Shep STG3

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SlushboxOct-26-05 01:13 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
73 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4837, "RE: New money pit, 3rd-5th gears groan??? Long..sorry"
In response to Reply # 0

Getting the input and output shaft pressed out tonight...Woohooo!
I noticed when looking into the input shaft I see what looks like a cage from a roller bearing inside the shaft. Is this possible?????
I do suppose this would explain the groaning noise.

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

1995 GS A/T: Crushed, what started it all
1999 RS M/T: Back to stock
Mazdaspeed6: sold and quazi missed
1999 Eclipse GSX: HX35, waiting for Shep STG3

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4831 Previous topic | Next topic