Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4539
View in linear mode

Subject: "Neon trans shifter lever question" Previous topic | Next topic
rs-pssstJun-15-05 04:48 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2004
158 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4539, "Neon trans shifter lever question"
Jun-15-05 04:51 PM by rs-pssst

Can i keep the old shift levers on the 98 neon trans as long as I cut off the counter weights? If not, how the hell do you get the retaining pins out to swap them out?

Edit: Okay, never mind -i found it on the search. Leave them on -cut the counterweight because it also reduces shifter throw.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-16-05 09:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4548, "RE: Neon trans shifter lever question"
In response to Reply # 0

No. The pre-2001 levers do not have a hole for the retaining pin and should not be used.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4539 Previous topic | Next topic