Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4335
View in linear mode

Subject: "clutch issues" Previous topic | Next topic
hawaiidiverxMay-10-05 11:12 AM
Member since Aug 13th 2003
198 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4335, "clutch issues"

alright...i just put in my new motor with a new spec st3 clutch. the engage and disengage point seems normal. i have little if any pedal pressure which from what i read is normal, but my car doesn't want to go into some gears. My trans was fine before i pulled it, and i filled it with GM synchromesh. any suggestions. i was thinking that maybe i need to bleed the lines more but i'm just curious if there is anybody else with suggestions. tks

-Mike

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: clutch issues, turbo8u, May-10-05 01:11 PM, #1
RE: clutch issues, CarbonFiberRST, May-10-05 09:07 PM, #2
      RE: clutch issues, techboy, May-11-05 04:08 AM, #3
           RE: clutch issues, jamesman, May-24-05 09:37 AM, #4
                RE: clutch issues, Aggression, May-25-05 01:53 AM, #5
                RE: clutch issues, turbo8u, May-25-05 09:18 AM, #6
                     RE: clutch issues, rs-pssst, Jun-05-05 07:35 AM, #7

turbo8uMay-10-05 01:11 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4336, "RE: clutch issues"
In response to Reply # 0

hate to say it, but the spec stage 3 is the worst fucking clutch in the 420a community.

i have one, and its been doing the same thing. its a POS and the same thing has happened to a lot of members here.

actually it worked ok for a few thousand miles, and now i can hardly even drive my car because it wont go in gear. the clutch stats partially engaged and its a pretty known problem with the spec clutches for our cars/trannies.

if i were you, id send that POs back...if its ALREADY fucking up on you, its definately going to give you grief later.

speaking from experience here.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CarbonFiberRSTMay-10-05 09:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4337, "RE: clutch issues"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by turbo8u
hate to say it, but the spec stage 3 is the worst fucking clutch in the 420a community. i have one, and its been doing the same thing. its a POS and the same thing has happened to a lot of members here. actually it worked ok for a few thousand miles, and now i can hardly even drive my car because it wont go in gear. the clutch stats partially engaged and its a pretty known problem with the spec clutches for our cars/trannies. if i were you, id send that POs back...if its ALREADY fucking up on you, its definately going to give you grief later. speaking from experience here.

HEY!!! This isn't what I needed to hear. You talked so good about it before... now I have one and its shit?! fuck and I have to change the headgasket now... was gonna do cams while I was at it but I can't afford a clutch and cams

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

techboyMay-11-05 04:08 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#4341, "RE: clutch issues"
In response to Reply # 2

I run a CM Stage III with great sucess ... but they are fairly expensive and a very soft clutch as well. I almost don't like it b/c it feels like I'm pushing on nothing.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

jamesmanMay-24-05 09:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#4377, "RE: clutch issues"
In response to Reply # 3

same shit here with a spec stage 3! I have adjusted my clutch pedal to get the most stroke out of it and the clutch will still not completely disengage. I did find out that say if you are at a stop and then you try to put it into first and it don't go in, just rev the car a little while you are pressing the stick into gear and it will drop right in. STUPID ASS CLUTCH

lates
James

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

AggressionMay-25-05 01:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#4381, "RE: clutch issues"
In response to Reply # 4

CM stage 4 is the best route to go!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

turbo8uMay-25-05 09:18 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#4384, "RE: clutch issues"
In response to Reply # 4
May-25-05 09:19 AM by turbo8u

Originally posted by jamesman
same shit here with a spec stage 3! I have adjusted my clutch pedal to get the most stroke out of it and the clutch will still not completely disengage. I did find out that say if you are at a stop and then you try to put it into first and it don't go in, just rev the car a little while you are pressing the stick into gear and it will drop right in. STUPID ASS CLUTCH lates James

james....e-mail me brutha, lets compile an official complaint on SPEC about these clutches...many members have had problems with this shit. im sick and tired of having to rev match into just about every gear just to drive around. takes a lot of the joy out of daily driving her in my opinion.

turby420@gmail.com

what steps have u taken to get this worked out? SPEC customer service SUCKS ASS.

bottom line is, if you have a spec stage 3 clutch...sooner or later its going to do the same thing to each and every one of you. replace it while you still can.

rs-pssstJun-05-05 07:35 AM
Member since Nov 13th 2004
158 posts,
#4455, "RE: clutch issues"
In response to Reply # 6

just gonna bump this a little because i am having the exact same problems with a spec stage 4.

The clutch never really grabbed right from day one.

I have about 10k miles on it and it has given me nothing but problems. Time for a better upgrade.

How is the spec stage 5?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4335 Previous topic | Next topic