Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4217
View in linear mode

Subject: "new clutch" Previous topic | Next topic
baxsomApr-12-05 11:27 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2004
758 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4217, "new clutch"

So as a going away present to myself (see post in general forum for more explanation)
i bought a spec stage 3 and energy suspension motor mount inserts

i decided that since i dont have a lot of time before i have to leave the country i would have my mechanic install both

got it back today
all i can say is interesting
i know that a new clutch has to be broken in
but it is like learning to drive a stick all over again
the clutch grabs as soon as i think about letting off of it
and it grabs hard
so i have to concentrate on not spinning the tires taking off
it should smooth out once its broken in right?

then i know i have read the car will shake with solid motor mounts but wow i didnt know it meant actually SHAKE
when i first cranked the car i thought something was wrong because i could feel the steering wheel shaking

it smooths out once you get going so i thought it was an idle problem until i remembered that they stuck the mounts in while the tranny was out of the car

geez hope it was all worth it

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RxR_EclipseApr-12-05 05:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4218, "RE: new clutch"
In response to Reply # 0

The mount and the new clutch combined make it shake. Mine is the same way. Its fairly annoying at first but you get so used to it you wil not notice after a while.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4217 Previous topic | Next topic