Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4159
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lovely Tranny Noise 4,000 - 5,500 RPM" Previous topic | Next topic
UpToSpeedMar-25-05 12:23 PM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
103 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4159, "Lovely Tranny Noise 4,000 - 5,500 RPM"

So I did the automatic to manual swap and everything is fine accept for one thing. When the clutch is engaged from 4,000 - 5,500 RPM in any gear I get a whirring noise. I'm not sure what it could be... I'm imagining it's one of two things:

1) The throwout bearing was kind of loose on the input shaft collar. I made sure to use a desent amount of grease but is this normal? Is there a correct and incorrect way to mount the bearing on the clutch fork?

2) The input shaft bearing is going... Is this a possibility? Anyone know what it sounds like or if it would only be happening at a certain RPM range?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated... It's very anoying!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4159 Previous topic | Next topic