Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3642
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch makes noise while I'm pushing it down and when I release it" Previous topic | Next topic
Jerm23Nov-11-04 11:33 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2004
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3642, "Clutch makes noise while I'm pushing it down and when I release it"

My clutch is making a screeching noise when I'm pressing it down and releasing it. I don't think it's the TOB since it doesn't make a sound when I stop moving the pedal, it doesn't matter if I stop when it's halfway engaged, for fully depressed, there's no noise at all. It only squeeks while the pedal is moving.

It sounds like when I press down on it, it's rubbing against something in the engine bay. Anyone have this happen before? How can I fix this. It happened last winter but went away when the weather started warming up. However now it's been doing it for the past few months. It seems to go away when it's raining though. Maybe the moisture is lubing the parts that are squeeking for a while till it dries out. Anyone know what I should try and lube and what should I use? (WD-40, motor oil, etc?) I haven't had a chance to jack it up and get under there while someone's pushing on the clutch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'99 Eclipse GS-T
HRC Stage II
w/walboro 155lph, 30# injectors
Clarion AutoPC 310C
Avionixx
DEI Viper
IDQ12

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3642 Previous topic | Next topic