Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3424
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Is there a difference??" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
DJ420aSep-07-04 12:55 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3424, "Is there a difference??"

I know there is a difference between a MTX ECU and a ATX ECU, my question is what would happen if I did the Auto to Manual swap and accidentally had a ATX ECU hooked up? What would it do?

You see I did the swap, and everything has been running fine, I guess. The only thing is my speedo and odo. wont work. I have the 3 wires connected to the corrected pinouts, my gear inside the tranny is nice and solid, and as far as I know the speed sensor is fine, meaning I bought a new one and same results.

Ive tried everything. So this is one of my last strings I can pull at until I just by a Autometer speedo.

Any suggestions?
Thanx
DJ

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
420AYESep-09-04 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3441, "RE: Is there a difference??"
In response to Reply # 0

first, take that bench wing off and ur car would be much better.

second, pull out your speedo, hook a cordless drill up to it like its a bit, turn your ignition on, and spin it. the speedo should shoot to about 60. if not, make sure ur key is on all the way. then if not, ur speed sensor is bad. i have a used one that works afaik and can test that i will sell you cheaply to at least find out for cheaper than a brand new one.

if the speedo works, then put your finger in that hole, and feel around for a hard plastic gear, it wraps around your differential and would be sitting vertical. i know you can feel it in there because mine is loose and my speedo stopped working. if that is the case, you have to drop the tranny to fix that. not very hard.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-09-04 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3442, "RE: Is there a difference??"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 420AYE
first, take that bench wing off and ur car would be much better. second, pull out your speedo, hook a cordless drill up to it like its a bit, turn your ignition on, and spin it. the speedo should shoot to about 60. if not, make sure ur key is on all the way. then if not, ur speed sensor is bad. i have a used one that works afaik and can test that i will sell you cheaply to at least find out for cheaper than a brand new one. if the speedo works, then put your finger in that hole, and feel around for a hard plastic gear, it wraps around your differential and would be sitting vertical. i know you can feel it in there because mine is loose and my speedo stopped working. if that is the case, you have to drop the tranny to fix that. not very hard.

This has already been resolved in another section.

DON'T CROSS POST!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3424 Previous topic | Next topic