Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3191
View in linear mode

Subject: "Identify This Tranny Part" Previous topic | Next topic
TalonSpeedJul-14-04 09:38 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2002
446 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3191, "Identify This Tranny Part"

Can someone please tell me where this tranny part goes?? I think it goes on a shaft inside the transaxle part of the transmission, but i bought a transmission that has never been opened and this part was insde the box along with the TO bearing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Identify This Tranny Part, grain, Jul-15-04 12:21 AM, #1
RE: Identify This Tranny Part, 420AYE, Jul-19-04 03:50 PM, #2
RE: Identify This Tranny Part, Teamner947, Jul-19-04 04:23 PM, #3
RE: Identify This Tranny Part, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-19-04 04:58 PM, #4
RE: Identify This Tranny Part, TeamJasonESi_T, Jul-19-04 05:21 PM, #5
RE: Identify This Tranny Part, Sorry_i_Win, Aug-05-04 07:47 AM, #6

grainJul-15-04 12:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3192, "RE: Identify This Tranny Part"
In response to Reply # 0

output shaft bearing

its the biggest pain in the ass part of this tranny.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420AYEJul-19-04 03:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3204, "RE: Identify This Tranny Part"
In response to Reply # 1

DON"T BREAK IT or lose it. i hear its, Cha-ching!

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Teamner947Jul-19-04 04:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#3205, "RE: Identify This Tranny Part"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, that's the PITA bearing.

It can't be installed backwards
If any of the cylinders fall out you have to throw it away,
And you probably wouldn't want to reuse an old one.
I think it's like $30-40 from Satan.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

TeamXtremeRSJul-19-04 04:58 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3206, "RE: Identify This Tranny Part"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-19-04 05:00 PM by XtremeRS

Yeah that bearing needs to go on a certain way, since on end is smaller than the other..i forget which way at the moment though..And its not a major PITA either, if you know the trick. When you are ready to put the case halves back together, pack the bellhousing bearing race with bearing greese...lots of it, to hold that bearing(facing the right way again) in its race in the bellhousing. This keeps the bearing put when putting the bellhousing back onto the trans case..You will prob find that you cant get the bellhousing back on all the way, like 1/4" left to go and it doesnt budge..the shifter rods in the trans are not going into their prospective holes in the bellhousing..you can jiggle the shfiter levers on the trans to help get them in, or take a long flathead screwdriver in that small gap, and push them into place. Be sure to use ANEROBIC sealant on the case to make the seal for the two pieces. Torque bolts to spec. I was able to get my trans back together in like 5 minutes,using the greese/screwdriver method

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeamJasonESi_TJul-19-04 05:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#3207, "RE: Identify This Tranny Part"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by XtremeRS
And its not a major PITA either, if you know the trick. When you are ready to put the case halves back together, pack the bellhousing bearing race with bearing greese...lots of it, to hold that bearing(facing the right way again) in its race in the bellhousing. This keeps the bearing put when putting the bellhousing back onto the trans case...I was able to get my trans back together in like 5 minutes,using the greese/screwdriver method

$40 later and a nice conversation with an Autozone guy who used to work on Chrysler trannies illuminated me to this trick. And yes, I'll take the credit for passing this info along! It was heartbreaking when I broke that damn bearing and it set me back a day on my rebuilt engine install.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Sorry_i_WinAug-05-04 07:47 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#3274, "RE: Identify This Tranny Part"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by ner947
Yeah, that's the PITA bearing. It can't be installed backwards If any of the cylinders fall out you have to throw it away, And you probably wouldn't want to reuse an old one. I think it's like $30-40 from Satan.

hmm... I musta got lucky cause I took mine out and put it back in without paying attention to which side was facing up. At one point, three of those cyclinder bearings popped out, but I just popped them back in place and put the tranny back together. I just did this last night as a matter of fact. I hope everything is gonna be okay.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3191 Previous topic | Next topic