Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2377
View in linear mode

Subject: "noise from tranny side and clutch vibration" Previous topic | Next topic
whodatt1Mar-05-04 04:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2377, "noise from tranny side and clutch vibration"

well last night I was driving home (it was raining) well once I was near i could hear a tock tock tock sound coming from the driver side of the engine, and when I would depress the clutch pedal it would vibrate to the rythm of the noise. this would only happen when the car was moving, if I would stop and let it idle it would not make the noise and the clutch would not vibrate.
Could this be a tranny problem? could it be my driver side axle that is going? any ideas?

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

turbo8uMar-11-04 03:21 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2444, "RE: noise from tranny side and clutch vibration"
In response to Reply # 0

hmmmm, well this is just a shot in the dark but maybe a tranny bolt somehow came loose? i had that problem with my rear most tranny bolt after my install (hard as hell to get a torque wrench in there though)

thats all i can think of, is it still doing it?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2377 Previous topic | Next topic