Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2191
View in linear mode

Subject: "clutch line leaking?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Feb-08-04 05:20 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2191, "clutch line leaking?"

where's the most likely place to find a leak in your clutch line? i refilled and bled my clutch about a month ago and today i checked the level and the reservoir was almost empty. so i guess it's not that big a leak since it's pretty slow but still... anyone had a leak before? any suggestions on where to look?

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

iamnotwhoiamFeb-10-04 08:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2208, "RE: clutch line leaking?"
In response to Reply # 0

check the slave and master cylinders.... they are probably the culprits leaking and in need of replacing or rebuilding.. i think my master cyl is in need of this currently as im having a similar problem.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Blk95GSFeb-27-04 05:00 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#2310, "RE: clutch line leaking?"
In response to Reply # 1

also look for fluid stains on your carpet under the clutch pedal, if it's there you've got a master cylinder leak.

Travis

Ozzmosis86Feb-27-04 06:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
549 posts,
#2311, "RE: clutch line leaking?"
In response to Reply # 2

Another common spot is the rubber line that connects the slave and master cylinder. It runs in front of the transmission underneath the intake. I think they commonly leak at the connections. If that is the culprit, you may want to check into a stainless braided line off of ebay. I found them for about $21 there.

Andy

Check out my homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/ozzmosis86/Home.htm

and my pics page:
http://community.webshots.com/album/95705837hSPLvt

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2191 Previous topic | Next topic