Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1650
View in linear mode

Subject: "tanny grinding noise" Previous topic | Next topic
delusionaleclipseOct-29-03 03:29 AM
Member since Oct 28th 2003
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1650, "tanny grinding noise"

well first when i start the car up i hear a nasty noise, sounds like the tranny is grinding it self up. when i press the cluth in the noise goes away then release the cluth and the noise comes back. and when the car warms up it normally goes away and oes after i drive for a bit. some are telling me its the throw out bearing. is it or what is it.

thanks
phil

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Flyin_MonkeyNov-02-03 08:46 PM
Member since Jun 02nd 2003
15 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1678, "RE: tanny grinding noise"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the noise, check out my post for more. p.s., it wasn't the throwout bearing.

The Talon was just one in a looooong string of cars. I do miss it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

deadfish39Nov-03-03 05:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
#1681, "RE: tanny grinding noise"
In response to Reply # 1

I have the same noise, I doubt it's the throw out bearing. I just hit 50,000 miles in my car. The transmission is not the one that came with the car because that one kind of exploded. But I got a rebuilt one and the clutch has about 10,000 miles on it. The throw out bearing was replaced when the clutch was of course. Yea so I have no idea and neither does the transmission guy, all he does is work on transmissions, he's been in business for 50 years and he still has no idea what it is.

JadedSilverNov-07-03 02:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
8 posts,
#1720, "RE: tanny grinding noise"
In response to Reply # 2

it's the gate mechanism inside the t350. if you tear apart the gear casing you'll notice the mechanism above the syncros and between the shift forks. get's worn and loose from trying to force the tranny into 1st at to high of a speed. rattles like a mofo until thermodyanmics takes over and the parts heat swell and fit better.

the Royal Purple 90w synthetic oil seems to stop the rattle for the most part in my tranny. try that and see what happens.

ttyl,

TeamMichael_97RSNov-07-03 02:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1721, "RE: tanny grinding noise"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm not so sure your syncros will like 90w.

http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1650 Previous topic | Next topic