Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1247
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch releasing too late/slipping" Previous topic | Next topic
mkerleyAug-18-03 03:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1247, "Clutch releasing too late/slipping"

As some of you know, I recently installed a LUK pressure plate, fidanza flywheel, and a ceramic sprung hub 5 puck ceramic disk from Clutch dynamics. The install was time consuming, but went fine.

I am having a little trouble however. My clutch releases really high in the peddle stroke. The problem is that it appears to be so high that the clutch actually has quite a bit of pressure on the plate when the peddle is fully out. I get grip, but once I hit 3-4psi, it starts to slip. I have talked to Dan at CD and he was more or less at a loss. He had a few ideas, but I've checked those and no help.

Anyone have any experience w/ this? any ideas?

I have ~700 miles on the clutch now BTW.

Thanks,
Matt

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSAug-18-03 07:08 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1249, "RE: Clutch releasing too late/slipping"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-18-03 07:09 PM by XtremeRS

Are you getting any oil on the clutch?? I had similar issues with mine when the trans input shaft seal was leaking. All you have to do is pull back the release fork rubber boot, and get a good light to look inside the bellhousing. Try and look at where the throwout bearing is, and see if you can notice any oil or dampness on there. I also use one of Clutch dynamic's disks, and Luk pressure plate, and my release is right at the top also, but it does not slip. You can also try this: Loosen up the slave cylinder and watch the release fork as you loosen the slave. If the fork comes back at all with the loosening of the slave cylinder, then your clutch is hanging up somewhere, either in the clutch master cylinder, slave, or the clutch pedal adjustment. I can run 13 psi on this clutch without any slippage.. I just run the 6 puck ceramic..stock pressure plate and flywheel..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mkerleyAug-19-03 02:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#1251, "RE: Clutch releasing too late/slipping"
In response to Reply # 1

I'll check tonight on the oil issue. Did you have to take it all the way back apart and replace that seal?

I think the problem lies somewhere in the line (too much preload on the clutch), but I can't find how. I'll try to pull back the slave, but it may be difficult.

Thanks for the ideas!

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1247 Previous topic | Next topic