Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1731
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stage 3 Clutch Fluid" Previous topic | Next topic
taloniizedNov-11-03 06:16 AM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
786 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1731, "Stage 3 Clutch Fluid"

All you guys with upgraded cluthes, what fluid are you running with it. I ordered a spec stage 3 and i got the mopar oem tranny fluid. should i be using better tranny fluid?

1995 Eagle Talon Esi
14.4 @ 102MPH
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, Arizona

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSNov-11-03 06:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1732, "RE: Stage 3 Clutch Fluid"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you mean clutch fluid or transmission fluid?

Clutch Fluid use DOT 4 or 5+ brake fluid. Make sure it's regular Brake fluid not special synthetic fluid.

Trans fluid you can use Mopar specific, or ATF+4.

http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipticriderNov-13-03 01:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#1743, "RE: Stage 3 Clutch Fluid"
In response to Reply # 1

i'm running spec stage 3 clutch and use normal brake fluid for the clutch fluid...

as far as tranny fluid goes ONLY USE MITSU FLUID!! not sure the specific name but if u go to the dealer and ask for tranny fluid for a 9X eclipse rs/gs with a manual tranny....

other stuff will cause horrable tranny damage... i used some castrol syntec stuff for almost a year because i didn't know about the danger that awaited me... fortionatly my tranny is still good...

WTB: Dodge Omni

http://www.geocities.com/shadyporshe851proof/frame_content/indexframe.html

mods: star stage III clutch + 60mm tb + the normal mods, bass, lights well u get the picture

SemperboostNov-14-03 11:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
#1744, "RE: Stage 3 Clutch Fluid"
In response to Reply # 2

I use BG synchroshift and it's coo

Alvin

96 RST

Star Stage I turbo kit /Starion I/C w/ 2" chrome piping / GReddy Type-S BOV / Missing Link / Custom APEXi- GReddy 2.5" exhaust / 55mm ARD TB/ Nology wires / APEXi EL mech boost gauge / Autometer A/F gauge / Southland Dual Friction clutch

hawaiidiverxNov-14-03 03:26 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2003
198 posts,
#1745, "RE: Stage 3 Clutch Fluid"
In response to Reply # 3

i was told GM syncromesh is good...i bought 3 quarts...was planning on changing it this weekend....anybody else tried it????

-Mike

tim96rsNov-18-03 03:56 PM
Member since Jan 05th 2003
131 posts,
#1772, "RE: Stage 3 Clutch Fluid"
In response to Reply # 4

Yes I've used it for about a year shifts great even when cold. The GM fluid is a lot cheaper too

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1731 Previous topic | Next topic