Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #820
View in linear mode

Subject: "turbo and automatic" Previous topic | Next topic
python6586May-08-03 03:21 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#820, "turbo and automatic"

i got 2 questions the search answered most of my questions but not thest too

1. which turbo to get 16g or t3/t4 which spools faster

2. when the auto shifts do u hear the bov at all or does teh auto just keep the boost. and when would u hear the bov at all in an auto.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RyaN95i4May-08-03 03:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#821, "RE: turbo and automatic"
In response to Reply # 0

>i got 2 questions the search answered most of my questions
>but not thest too
>
>1. which turbo to get 16g or t3/t4 which spools faster
>

16g spools faster. but im nearly at the point now where i wish i had a bigger turbo ill prolly upgrade to a t3/t4 next summer or so

>2. when the auto shifts do u hear the bov at all or does teh
>auto just keep the boost. and when would u hear the bov at all
>in an auto.

only hear the bov when the throttle plate closes. so let off the gas, bov releases the pressure prom the ic piping

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgMay-15-03 05:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#883, "RE: turbo and automatic"
In response to Reply # 1

If you're ricey like me, you can anticipate the shifts and let off the accellerator hard during the shifts. It sounds exactly like a 5 speed. Pisses off the TCU, but if you practice you can time it so its still shifting by the time you're back on the gas.

I personally think a S20G would be the perfect turbo for an ATX. The s16g just seems to spool TOO fast, I wish it'd just spool all the way thru 1st, and burn tires thru 2nd and 3rd.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #820 Previous topic | Next topic