Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #638
View in linear mode

Subject: "Converting Auto to Manual" Previous topic | Next topic
95 MitsuApr-11-03 07:21 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
767 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#638, "Converting Auto to Manual"

Just wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm wanting to convert a 95 GS from auto to manual, but I am not sure what all I would need to replace/change. Any advice helps.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Converting Auto to Manual, nappyjim, Apr-12-03 07:57 AM, #1
RE: Converting Auto to Manual, mcgyvr, Apr-14-03 03:50 AM, #2
      RE: Converting Auto to Manual, daltah, Apr-15-03 01:58 PM, #3
      RE: Converting Auto to Manual, mcgyvr, Apr-17-03 04:54 AM, #4
           RE: Converting Auto to Manual, daltah, Apr-17-03 04:42 PM, #5
                RE: Converting Auto to Manual, mcgyvr, Apr-18-03 05:56 AM, #6
      RE: Converting Auto to Manual, UpToSpeed, Apr-23-03 08:53 AM, #7

nappyjimApr-12-03 07:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#639, "RE: Converting Auto to Manual"
In response to Reply # 0

THINGS WE"VE SEEN BEFORE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrApr-14-03 03:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#640, "RE: Converting Auto to Manual"
In response to Reply # 1

4 cylinder Automatic to 5-speed conversion

Parts that will be needed:

5-speed Shifter
Shifter linkage
Modular Clutch
Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Slave Cylinder
New Hydolic Clutch Lines Recommended
Transmission (from A/S/nt talon/eclipse or 95-99 neon more modifications if neon transmission is used.)
Rear tranny mount
Brake pedal and linkage
Clutch pedal and linkage
Same year 5spd ECU (ATX ECU’s have a low rev limiter)

Hurdles that need to be overcome:

Wiring for reverse lights
Wiring for ECU
Wiring for Speedo to work

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

daltahApr-15-03 01:58 PM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
240 posts,
#659, "RE: Converting Auto to Manual"
In response to Reply # 2

You dont need the exact year manul ecu.As long as you car is 96-99 all you need is a manual ecu from a 96-99 talon/eclipse/avenger.In 95 the ecu was programed for all the emessions requirements so it will through stuff off and turn you check engine light on too.Also the tranny from a 4cylinder avenger will work also.

mcgyvrApr-17-03 04:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#685, "RE: Converting Auto to Manual"
In response to Reply # 3

its best to get the ECU from your year as there are some wiring differences vs each year.

and in that list is the avenger tranny
thats the
A/S/nt eclipse thats avenger/sebring/nt eclipse

Mods are:
Not enough

daltahApr-17-03 04:42 PM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
240 posts,
#696, "RE: Converting Auto to Manual"
In response to Reply # 4

Does anyone know if the differential or axles need to be changed when do the conversion or can you use the same.

mcgyvrApr-18-03 05:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#704, "RE: Converting Auto to Manual"
In response to Reply # 5

diff should come in the tranny already and axels are the same.

Mods are:
Not enough

UpToSpeedApr-23-03 08:53 AM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
103 posts,
#727, "RE: Converting Auto to Manual"
In response to Reply # 2

The parts list is the easy thing to find My question is, has anyone done a write up or VFAQ for this, or just have some pictures of the process?

It seems like everyone one here says, "Yes, I did the swap and I love it. I have pictures and I'm going to do a write up later on."

Yet I never see a write up... That goes for the 2.4L swap as well (All though that's off topic)

Anyway, I'd really like to see a write up for this... I think if we had one then we could stop seeing a lot of posts on this... I know someone out there has the knowledge to do a write up even if it isn't accompanied by photos...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #638 Previous topic | Next topic