Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #503
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shifters..." Previous topic | Next topic
KLIPZEDApr-01-03 09:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#503, "Shifters..."

I know 9d9 has an aftermarket shifter handle, was wondering who all else does. Just wanted an idea of how many options are out there(diff companies, styles and the such). Was just lookingfor some ideas to customize the interior a lil bit.

TIA,
Walker

Walker
95 Minden Silver Klipz GS A/T
One day my car will be in one piece
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Shifters..., mcgyvr, Apr-01-03 10:29 AM, #1
RE: Shifters..., Dirty, Apr-01-03 12:41 PM, #2
      RE: Shifters..., KLIPZED, Apr-02-03 11:55 AM, #3
           RE: Shifters..., Dirty, Apr-02-03 01:51 PM, #4
                RE: Shifters..., KLIPZED, Apr-02-03 02:29 PM, #5
                     RE: Shifters..., soulcontroller, Apr-02-03 05:05 PM, #6
                          RE: Shifters..., KLIPZED, Apr-09-03 12:57 PM, #7
                               RE: Shifters..., woo2gnt97, Apr-09-03 02:04 PM, #8
                                    RE: Shifters..., KLIPZED, Apr-09-03 03:02 PM, #9
                                         RE: Shifters..., 97_420a, Apr-09-03 06:43 PM, #10
                                              RE: Shifters..., woo2gnt97, Apr-10-03 01:52 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Shifters..., Dirty, Apr-10-03 06:35 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Shifters..., ghostshellx, Apr-11-03 01:01 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Shifters..., woo2gnt97, Apr-11-03 01:55 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Shifters..., KLIPZED, Apr-11-03 10:09 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Shifters..., Dirty, Apr-11-03 11:42 AM, #16

mcgyvrApr-01-03 10:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#504, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 0

Razo RA91 Gun Grip Titanium Automatic or

Razo RA92 Gun Grip Chrome Automatic
(they both have the overdrive button them)
Both are about 130 bucks (not worth it IMO)
Im happy with my stocker just fine

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DirtyApr-01-03 12:41 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#505, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 1

Shift Knob = $20
Boot = Free (or like $17 if you pay for it)

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

KLIPZEDApr-02-03 11:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#507, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 2

How did you get that set up dirty? one of the toggles your O/D? Would ya mind someone(me) rippin off that idea?

Walker
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

DirtyApr-02-03 01:51 PM
1405 posts,
#508, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-02-03 01:55 PM by Dirty

I'm here to share my ideas.........and to steal other peoples too.

My OD button on the stock shifter quit on me one day and when I was trying to work on it that bitch broke (the same thing that always happens to me). All the aftermarket shift knobs look like they were designed to make fun of us, so I found this one. It has no button, it's a "push-in" shift knob meaning that instead of a button the whole knob pushes down. I thought it looked kinda strange there and you could still see some of where the old knob covered the shifter so I got a boot for it. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it. The toggle closest to me when I'm driving is the OD switch.

You can find the knob at www.autodynamic.com
Link: http://216.82.69.117/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=36&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=2&subcat=270

The boot is an APC POS.

If you get that knob, you have to dremel it out some so it will fit over our shifter. You might wanna dremel off the logo on top too (their last chance to make fun of us).
If you need help relocating the OD button, let us know.

"Natty Ride"

KLIPZEDApr-02-03 02:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#509, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 4

Sweet, preciate the info. I know what you mean about something always breakin. I think i am the only person that can take a 30 min mod and turn in into a weekend event. Once again thanks

Walker

soulcontrollerApr-02-03 05:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#510, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 5

^^ trust me, your not the only one.

KLIPZEDApr-09-03 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#576, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 6
Apr-09-03 01:05 PM by KLIPZED

Ok, got the new shifter. Before i tear apart the center of the car just wondering if anyone else would be interested in doing this in the future. If so, even if only one other person, would go ahead and do a write up and snap a few pics with my new fangled digicam to help in the process.

P.S.- refering to the shifter set up that dirty posted earlier this thread...

Walker

woo2gnt97Apr-09-03 02:04 PM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
1362 posts,
#577, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 7

I'd probaly be interested in doing this but I'd like to find an aluminum shift knob like a m/t has. I don't know of any that would fit though. Is there any way you think I could get one to fit?
Install pics would be tight too hehe

TIA

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t
nakayama cai
cat-back exhaust
final drive gears
afx udp

KLIPZEDApr-09-03 03:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#578, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 8

Auto dynamic has a chrome shift knob like that if the color is what you were talkin about:wary

Walker

97_420aApr-09-03 06:43 PM
Member since Jul 17th 2002
119 posts,
#579, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 9

KLIPZED, if you could snap a few pics of the setup dirty has would be great. i ordered the gun metal knob monday, so i *might* have it here this weekend.

Dan
97 Base Dodge Avenger
aem cai, jeep tb, 17" gsx rims, tq mod, eclipse center console, shift knob, autometer phantom trans temp & a/f gauge

boosted by summer

woo2gnt97Apr-10-03 01:52 AM
1362 posts,
#583, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 10

lol sorry, I didn't even notice that it had a "finish" option.

Perhaps I shall look into this. Would probaly look tight w/ a custom shift boot.

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t
nakayama cai
cat-back exhaust
final drive gears
afx udp

DirtyApr-10-03 06:35 PM
1405 posts,
#592, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 11

"I'd probaly be interested in doing this but I'd like to find an aluminum shift knob like a m/t has. I don't know of any that would fit though. Is there any way you think I could get one to fit?
Install pics would be tight too hehe"

What do you think mine is made of, candlewax?

"Natty Ride"

ghostshellxApr-11-03 01:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
#595, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 12

dirty, can you send me a pic of how you wired your switch??????
TIA
Dan

The 2GNT is Gone... and the curse too!!

woo2gnt97Apr-11-03 01:55 AM
1362 posts,
#596, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 13

Hah Dirty, I couldn't tell from the pic. It could made from anything from leather to titanium alloy (the stuff they use on the space shuttle according to Lt. Dan).

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t
nakayama cai
cat-back exhaust
final drive gears
afx udp

KLIPZEDApr-11-03 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#604, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 14

As i look back at your pic dirty, your shift knob looks like it sits an inch or two taller Deffinatley glad i did this though, looks hella pimp, just need a shift boot now. as for the write-up, this was pretty straight forward. snapped a few pics along the way but they did not come out very clearly. sometime this weekend i will try to tear it apart and get some better ones. Also, you will definetly want to rewire a toggle for the OD, trying to keep the stock button makes things 100 times harder

Walker

DirtyApr-11-03 11:42 AM
1405 posts,
#609, "RE: Shifters..."
In response to Reply # 15

There are 3 wires going to the OD button: RED-Black-and tan with a stripe. The tan one you don't need. It just turns the "OD off" light on in your dash. When thered and the black are connected the OD is on, when they disconnect, the OD turns off. These are the 2 you need to run to a switch.

This is going from memory so my story might be damaged, but I think thats how it goes.

Oh, and everything I have is 2 inches taller than most!

"Natty Ride"

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #503 Previous topic | Next topic