Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4709
View in linear mode

Subject: "Auto Trans issue!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
UniJul-19-11 01:36 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2007
17 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4709, "Auto Trans issue!"

Ok so i have a 95 GS auto and at first the car would go into limp mode, i replaced the solenoid and all the transmission sensor's (found two that had some damage). I also replaced the trans fluid with a new filter, ran the car that day and it ran perfect with the exception that overdrive would not work. I let the car sit for a couple of days as i read forums with similar issues, when i re-stared the car everything was working fine i thought to my self its fixed (including overdrive). When i tried to drive the car the next day i found that sometimes when i came to a complete stop the car would not engage in drive. I slowly hit the gas and it would engage, however the issue is that it doesn't do it all the time. Once the gear engaged i drove back home with out a issue until i got home and let the car idle for about 5 minutes and the problem came right back, the gear would not engage. I just read that there are relays that send signals to the ECU that will not allow it to shift i believe i have found them they are next to the master cylinder, however i cant find were to purchase them!

I'm at the point of taking my car to AAMCO and hopefully they can fix it if anyone has any ideas as to what the issue is please let me know!

PS. I have check fluid level it perfect and no leaks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

Roboron13May-16-13 06:14 PM
Member since Mar 10th 2013
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4742, "RE: Auto Trans issue!"
In response to Reply # 0

Are u sure everything electrical is hooked up??? I would go back over everything, disconnect, clean with electrical parts cleaner and tr it again!!! Let me know what happens???

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4709 Previous topic | Next topic