Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4693
View in linear mode

Subject: "help" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse2789Jun-20-11 11:16 PM
Member since Jun 20th 2011
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4693, "help"

i have a 95 eclipse rs nonturbo and its stuck in limpmode im just tryn to find out how to wire up my shift box if anyone can help thanks in advance

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: help, Moderatorteklein, Jun-21-11 01:37 AM, #1
RE: help, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-21-11 07:18 AM, #2
      help, eclipse2789, Jun-21-11 11:44 AM, #3
           RE: help, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-21-11 12:05 PM, #4
                RE: help, Moderatorteklein, Jun-21-11 12:12 PM, #5
                     RE: help, eclipse2789, Jun-21-11 04:12 PM, #6
                          RE: help, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Jun-21-11 04:20 PM, #7
                               RE: help, eclipse2789, Jun-21-11 04:56 PM, #8
                                    RE: help, Moderatorteklein, Jun-21-11 04:58 PM, #9
                                         RE: help, eclipse2789, Jun-21-11 05:36 PM, #10
                                              RE: help, eclipse2789, Jun-21-11 10:35 PM, #11

ModeratortekleinJun-21-11 01:37 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4694, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by eclipse2789
i have a 95 eclipse rs nonturbo and its stuck in limpmode im just tryn to find out how to wire up my shift box if anyone can help thanks in advance

Moved this to the ATX forum.

What kind of shift box?

Any directions?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-21-11 07:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4695, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 1

When the ATX is in limp mode, it's stuck in second gear. This is caused almost exclusively by slipping, a bad input speed sensor, bad output speed sensor, or bad range switch.

What manner of "shift box" are you trying to install?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

eclipse2789Jun-21-11 11:44 AM
5 posts,
#4696, "help"
In response to Reply # 2

The shift box was made for me by a friend so no instructions I didn't see the point in buying one that's 150 when it could be made for five dollars.. changed the input and out put speed sensors and the tcu twice .. how do I move the post I just made this last night and I don't use the computer much

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-21-11 12:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4697, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 3

The shift box was made for me by a friend so no instructions I didn't see the point in buying one that's 150 when it could be made for five dollars.. changed the input and out put speed sensors and the tcu twice .. how do I move the post I just made this last night and I don't use the computer much

I'm not sure what's involved in the shift box or what it contains, but I'd be willing to bet you're better off not running it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratortekleinJun-21-11 12:12 PM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4698, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by eclipse2789 The shift box was made for me by a friend so no instructions I didn't see the point in buying one that's 150 when it could be made for five dollars.. changed the input and out put speed sensors and the tcu twice .. how do I move the post I just made this last night and I don't use the computer much
I'm not sure what's involved in the shift box or what it contains, but I'd be willing to bet you're better off not running it.

Yep.

Sounds like all sorts of bad can come from this.

eclipse2789Jun-21-11 04:12 PM
5 posts,
#4699, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 5

All I know about the shift box is that it bypasses limpmode by running wires to each soleniod and shifting it manually with toggle switches but i don't know what else to do I've only had this car for 4 months and I've spent well over five hundred on it is their anything else that yall can suggest I mean I don't think it can be the hole trans cause I think it would run much worse. I can be driving it and put it in neutral turn the key off and on and put it back in drive it will shift like normal tell I stop then it right back in limpmode

2ndGen-ElTalonJun-21-11 04:20 PM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
#4700, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 6

You say you've replaced the input & output speed sensors, TCU "s", but what about the RANGE Switch?

But yes you're general Idea of a shift box is correct. Toggle switch's in different positions control what gear you're in. Pretty simple when done correctly. But they are mainly used for a smoother/quicker shift & to have more control over when you're auto shifts. Lastly, is great for full line boost pressure. No dropping pressures in between shifts. Very Interesting.

But lets try to get you're trans into a good state again without using a shift box. It can't be that hard to figure this out.

Jeff.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

eclipse2789Jun-21-11 04:56 PM
5 posts,
#4701, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 7

If I can get it to shift by its self that would awsome I wouldn't even bother tryn to install the shift box, where is the range switch located and how much would that run me cause I don't get paid tell Thursday so I'm kinda stuck for now oh and would limpmode be caused by my tyranny filter not staying on I took the pan off to change the fluid and the filter was just sitting in the pan I put it back on and it will come off again with little force..... thanks for all the help by the way.. mitsubishi I tryn to charge me 175 just to look at it and with no cel on I don't think it would help much

ModeratortekleinJun-21-11 04:58 PM
1699 posts,
#4702, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 8

If I can get it to shift by its self that would awsome I wouldn't even bother tryn to install the shift box, where is the range switch located and how much would that run me cause I don't get paid tell Thursday so I'm kinda stuck for now oh and would limpmode be caused by my tyranny filter not staying on I took the pan off to change the fluid and the filter was just sitting in the pan I put it back on and it will come off again with little force..... thanks for all the help by the way.. mitsubishi I tryn to charge me 175 just to look at it and with no cel on I don't think it would help much

Honestly with the symptoms you described it sounds like the trans is toast. I had a 240SX do that.

eclipse2789Jun-21-11 05:36 PM
5 posts,
#4703, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 9

Wouldn't their be metal in the pan if the trans is bad cause when I changed it I was pretty clean with just a little bit of metal shaving on the magnet if it is though Im just going to go get a standard eclipse from a junkyard and put my engine in it but I think I will try this range swich first as long as its not over fifty dollars its worth a try

eclipse2789Jun-21-11 10:35 PM
5 posts,
#4705, "RE: help"
In response to Reply # 10

sorry evryone about my spelling and grammer i was writing off my phone while at work. Can anyone tell me where the transmission range sensor is located. I called autozone and they told me i only had a input,output speed sensor

thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4693 Previous topic | Next topic