Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4263
View in linear mode

Subject: "Odd tranny noise" Previous topic | Next topic
N4cerApr-29-07 09:48 AM
Member since Aug 27th 2006
80 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4263, "Odd tranny noise"

When my tranny shifts gears, I can hear an electronic sound coming from it. Not sure what it is and if it's normal. But it's definitely some tranny action of some sort. Anybody know what I'm talking about? If so, what is it, and am I okay? The previous owner said it was freshly rebuilt. He worked for a tranny shop.

1995 Eclipse GS - bone stock
2000 Camaro SS - heads/cam/bottle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

InFiNiT3Apr-29-07 07:58 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4264, "RE: Odd tranny noise"
In response to Reply # 0

u gotta describe the noise better than that bro...... like a whine? buzz? clunk? also is it doing it between all gear? or just from park to reverse? we need more info bro.

>

M50 I6 ,dinan CAI , Remus Cat back , Volt. regulator, AA stg II software, Centerforce stg 2 clutch w/ alum dual mass flywheel.

1997 GS- RIP
mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

N4cerApr-30-07 02:20 AM
Member since Aug 27th 2006
80 posts,
#4265, "RE: Odd tranny noise"
In response to Reply # 1

it's mostly like a buzzing sound. it does it when going from p to r to d and anywhere between. also i hear it when slowing and the tranny is downshifting. it night always do it from gear to gear, but there ard the only shoes when the wind noise isn't louder than the tranny noise. it's not real loud, obviously. but you CAN hear it from 20-30 ft. away if listening for it.

1995 Eclipse GS - bone stock
2000 Camaro SS - heads/cam/bottle

mcgyvrApr-30-07 06:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#4266, "RE: Odd tranny noise"
In response to Reply # 2

Thats normal, its the solenoid pack (solenoids clicking). There is an upgraded one that is quiter if it bothers you.

a search on Ebay for "a604 solenoid pack" and reading the description for it to say "upgraded,quiter,etc.."

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4263 Previous topic | Next topic