Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4198
View in linear mode

Subject: "surge maybe?" Previous topic | Next topic
97EagleTalon2nrNov-19-06 02:01 PM
Member since Oct 16th 2004
155 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4198, "surge maybe?"

Okay when im driving my car and its to the point where i want it to shift and i let off the gas and it goes up a gear.Then if i give it a little bit more gas right after to keep a consistent speed it jerks some. Hard to explain,but is this a sign of the tranny taking a crap on me? tranny has about 140k on it.Also once i put the car in D and gave it some gas to pull out and the rpms just went up then it caught and took off,thanks for the help.

Boostin'

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ShoalsDSM97Dec-04-06 01:21 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2006
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4204, "RE: surge maybe?"
In response to Reply # 0

Have you checked the fluid level? Not to be an ass, but do you know how? A lot of people check it incorrectly and get the wrong impression of their fluid level and think things are all right when they arn't!

I think we started a "things we've seen before" for ATX a long ass time ago, it'll explain how to check the fluid correctly for ya!

Joseph

FranklinDSM -- RIP (damn pole)
The new car: '97 Eclipse GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97EagleTalon2nrDec-08-06 04:36 PM
155 posts,
#4209, "RE: surge maybe?"
In response to Reply # 1
Dec-08-06 04:40 PM by 97EagleTalon2nr

Yeah i can change/check my own fluid...Its full and doesnt have a burnt smell.

Boostin'

ShoalsDSM97Dec-09-06 07:38 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2006
30 posts,
#4210, "RE: surge maybe?"
In response to Reply # 2

Kinda sounds like a trans pump issue then, the way you describe your having to push the gas a little before it goes into a gear. At 140k itd be a good idea to get all that stuff checked out and changed if you had the money and time to do it.

FranklinDSM -- RIP (damn pole)
The new car: '97 Eclipse GS

97EagleTalon2nrFeb-04-07 04:48 PM
155 posts,
#4231, "RE: surge maybe?"
In response to Reply # 3

Well tonight it just grenaded on me blew a hole in the side of the case,looks like i'll be buying a new one anyhow.

Boostin'

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4198 Previous topic | Next topic