Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4107
View in linear mode

Subject: "help changing atx trany" Previous topic | Next topic
shybuckJul-16-06 05:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4107, "help changing atx trany"

OK so i have tried to change the tranny with a same year at tranny and for some reason it spins free if i have the bolts to the block loose but It will not moe if there tight, I have no clue tried moving it around very liitle i could and wiggling it, lol , things like that any have a clue, Im using the original convertor and flywheel but different tranny. txs for the help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

InFiNiT3Jul-16-06 08:22 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4108, "RE: help changing atx trany"
In response to Reply # 0

your converters not all the way installed on the input shaft

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

InFiNiT3Jul-17-06 09:05 AM
732 posts,
#4110, "RE: help changing atx trany"
In response to Reply # 1

well that 1 of 2 things actually

the other that could cause that is the low/rev clutch pack assen not being installed properly if this is a rebuilt unit u may want to check that... remove the trans completely remove the input speed sensor grab a flashlight and look inside... the steel gears on the low/rev clutch assem should be visable and directly in the center of the input speed sensor's opening. if not that clutch pack has to be removed and rebuilt... due to the fact that the pump was installed with the clutches no seated properly bending the gears on the 2 input clutches on the outside of the clutch assem. pretty ez actually. but those r the only reasons the trans will not spin when installed to the block under proper tourqe.

(this reason and the one i stated above)

Jake

engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

shybuckJul-17-06 01:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#4111, "RE: help changing atx trany"
In response to Reply # 2

yxs i talked with the trans hop here and the guy said something about the convertors being different, i have never heard about this before but he said they made 2 styles for that car, 1 has flat knub were it seats in the flywheel and the other has a pointed end also the the splines some are fine and some are corse? i thionk it may have pulled out a boit when I was trying to "wiggle it place with a prybar. TXs though i have to remove it to install convert so i will check the gears 2.

InFiNiT3Jul-19-06 12:20 PM
732 posts,
#4112, "RE: help changing atx trany"
In response to Reply # 3

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yes ... the TC you have with the new trans... did it come off a 95 or 96 caravan? I have some TC's if u need one Both apps actually.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4107 Previous topic | Next topic