Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4037
View in linear mode

Subject: "Im stumped! Please help me!" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse9597Mar-31-06 06:56 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2006
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4037, "Im stumped! Please help me!"

Ok, so here is the problem..

When im driving, the car used to drive fine. Now when i let off the gas, i hear a clicking sound. I thought it was the CV joint, so i replaced the axle, that wasn't it. Now the tranny has started to leak fluid. BAD. I cant even drive it it leaks so bad. I put it up on a lift, and couldnt find anything wrong, just tranny fluid. I could see the flywheel, and it wasnt cracked or anything. I checked the pan, and nothing was wrong with it. It is leaking from somewhere above the transaxle near the firewall of the car. If anyone has any freaking idea what the hell is, please help me out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Im stumped! Please help me!, Chamuko, Mar-31-06 12:19 PM, #1
RE: Im stumped! Please help me!, eclipse9597, Apr-03-06 06:11 AM, #2
RE: Im stumped! Please help me!, eclipse9597, Apr-04-06 04:39 AM, #3
      RE: Im stumped! Please help me!, boosted60trimrst, Apr-05-06 06:52 PM, #4
           RE: Im stumped! Please help me!, BumpinTalon, Apr-06-06 12:18 PM, #5
                RE: Im stumped! Please help me!, boosted60trimrst, Apr-06-06 05:37 PM, #6

ChamukoMar-31-06 12:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4038, "RE: Im stumped! Please help me!"
In response to Reply # 0

Check your tranny cooler lines. Also when you did the axle did you damage any of the seals?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse9597Apr-03-06 06:11 AM
5 posts,
#4040, "RE: Im stumped! Please help me!"
In response to Reply # 1

no, the seals were totally fine. The only seals that are jacked up are the balljoint boots on the lowe control arms.

eclipse9597Apr-04-06 04:39 AM
5 posts,
#4041, "RE: Im stumped! Please help me!"
In response to Reply # 1

also, could you tell me where the tranny lines are?

95to97 RS
Current Mods: Rdora kit, projectors, altezzas, vertical doors, 18's, Bomz seats, RJS Harnesses. Apexi catback and cheep ass intake.

boosted60trimrstApr-05-06 06:52 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#4042, "RE: Im stumped! Please help me!"
In response to Reply # 3

the tranny cooler lines are in the front of the tranny by the speed sensors . 2 hoses .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

BumpinTalonApr-06-06 12:18 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#4043, "RE: Im stumped! Please help me!"
In response to Reply # 4

I didn't know your car was auto hahaha
how is the auto and turbo kit working out? have you got it dynoed yet?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

boosted60trimrstApr-06-06 05:37 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#4044, "RE: Im stumped! Please help me!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I didn't know your car was auto hahaha how is the auto and turbo kit working out? have you got it dynoed yet?

lol yep auto ,damn u got me . turbos workin good with the auto . blew a speed sensor once ,thats about it . trannys still runnin strong with me abusing the shit out of it for the last 4 years ,1 year turbo . i havent got it dynoed cuz it is too low to the ground with the pro-kit which really sux cuz i wanna see where im at.

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4037 Previous topic | Next topic