Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3898
View in linear mode

Subject: "Occasionally refuses to upshift..." Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseSixDec-14-05 01:07 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3898, "Occasionally refuses to upshift..."

I just had the tranny rebuilt, nothing too special, and it came out of the shop, been running fine for about three weeks, and now the other night and again today my car refused to shift out of first. I ended up going 40 with the engine doin 4500 rpms and I was like wtf. Shifting to park and back to drive didn't fix it, only thing that fixed it was shutting the car completely off and turning it back on.

It also has occasional trouble starting. Turns over and over but never fully starts, then it'll work perfect for a few days. Anything to do with cold weather? Have about 82k miles on it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

InFiNiT3Dec-14-05 07:09 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3899, "RE: Occasionally refuses to upshift..."
In response to Reply # 0

3 week after the rebuild? change your filter bro..... also if it works fine after u shut the car off... than id be checking into an electical prob.

and your engine could be related to cold weather.... ever change your CTS?(coolant temp sensor) mine was doing the same thing till i replaced it... worth a try for 35-40$

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseSixDec-15-05 06:35 PM
305 posts,
#3900, "RE: Occasionally refuses to upshift..."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, I'll take a look into the sensor. I think it may be an electrical problem that is affecting the ecu or something. Something else that was going wrong which is very strange, is occasionally the speedo will malfunction. It'll go up to 20mph fine, then 40mph fine, then somewhere in the middle of that it'll dip real fast to around 15mph, then back up to 40. This is under normal driving conditions, dry pavement, no sign of any other thing going wrong while this happens. Since it doesn't seem to be anything other than the sensor I haven't paid too much concern to it, and it hasn't happened recently.

I dunno, I'm guessing somethign electrical is causing these problems, we'll see soon enough.. thanks for the input, any other is appreciated as well..

InFiNiT3Dec-16-05 09:25 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#3901, "RE: Occasionally refuses to upshift..."
In response to Reply # 2

when u had your trans rebuild did u "make" them replace your input/output sensors?

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

EclipseSixDec-16-05 05:43 PM
305 posts,
#3902, "RE: Occasionally refuses to upshift..."
In response to Reply # 3

Neg... the upshifting problem is beginning to happen more often, so I'm going to take it back to the shop that did the tranny and see what they think. I heard today about a shop in town that deals almost exclusively with NT eclipses, so I might drop by there if this shop doesn't get their act together.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3898 Previous topic | Next topic