Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3868
View in linear mode

Subject: "Automatic surges?" Previous topic | Next topic
RoughNov-14-05 07:17 AM
Member since Aug 29th 2005
27 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3868, "Automatic surges?"

When it happens, its in 3rd gear, ill be at about 3-4 grand rpm will drop about 5-700 rpm, then surge back up <big powerloss when the rpm drops> 3rd gear just sucks in general, what can this problem be ??
1995 eclipse rs, automatic trans ;/

420 the special number!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DracasNov-14-05 12:25 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2004
330 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3869, "RE: Automatic surges?"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-14-05 12:29 PM by Dracas

Sounds like your talking about your torque convertor locking up. There is a mod you can do to stop it, but you don't want to use it all the time.

The torque convertor locks up to keep heat down. I've noticed mine locks up around 3k everytime, it only locks up in 3rd, and 4th.

However, when you say it surges back up. Is it coming up because you hit the gas? Or do the RPM's drop and then suddenly shoot back up?

If it isn't lockup, I'm not sure what it is.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoughNov-15-05 04:53 AM
Member since Aug 29th 2005
27 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3871, "RE: Automatic surges?"
In response to Reply # 1

yea it will drop like 500 then go back up that 500-600 quicker then normal, at a steady acceleration, if I smash the pedel it only does it for about 300rpm but still does it.

420 the special number!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3868 Previous topic | Next topic