Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3813
View in linear mode

Subject: "obx tq biasing lsd?" Previous topic | Next topic
shybuckSep-23-05 04:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3813, "obx tq biasing lsd?"

any 1 ever try this out. sometimes there good sometimes obx is crap. so wonder cause they are about 450. and look like a quaife knock off.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrSep-25-05 03:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3814, "RE: obx tq biasing lsd?"
In response to Reply # 0

Ive heard honda guys have had NO problems at all and someone compared a quaife to the OBX and the were almost identical in weight/design/quality.

Its just the OBX is built by little chinese children for 5 cents a day so hence its cheaper for the same thing.

I would def. try one out
who knows its probably all quaife parts just built somewhere else to lessen the cost.

just like how the obx intake manifold for 300 bucks is identical to the venom unit which is 5-600 bucks

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgSep-27-05 02:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3815, "RE: obx tq biasing lsd?"
In response to Reply # 1

Personally I wouldn't spend the 5-10 hours of labor and risk my transmission to a part that hasn't been tested and proven for many years. If its worth it to you to save a few bucks, by all means, risk it.

ModeratorCorbinSep-27-05 07:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3816, "RE: obx tq biasing lsd?"
In response to Reply # 2

For me personally, the hassle of dropping the trans, installing the diff, and re-installing the trans is enough to make me only buy a part that I am 100% confident in. The hassle is one thing, while safety is another. If the diff rattles apart and explodes at peak RPM, it will probably take some other components down with it. It might just launch a peice of shrapnel through the firewall and hit you square in the nuts. The only one I was that confident in was Quaife...so I saved my pennies. But, the only way to prove something is to test it...volunteers?

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

98VengeI4Jan-27-06 04:22 AM
Member since Mar 10th 2002
282 posts,
#3948, "RE: obx tq biasing lsd?"
In response to Reply # 3
Jan-27-06 04:31 AM by 98VengeI4

Originally posted by Corbin
For me personally, the hassle of dropping the trans, installing the diff, and re-installing the trans is enough to make me only buy a part that I am 100% confident in. The hassle is one thing, while safety is another. If the diff rattles apart and explodes at peak RPM, it will probably take some other components down with it. It might just launch a peice of shrapnel through the firewall and hit you square in the nuts. The only one I was that confident in was Quaife...so I saved my pennies. But, the only way to prove something is to test it...volunteers? Corbin '95 ESI-T Now with more power and fewer leaks Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

As soon as I can afford to buy my tranny stuff I still need I might try it. I was going to do an LSD anyways because I need to rebuild the tranny but I don't really want to pay 1200 for an LSD. My second gear synchro is bad. I already have the rebuild kit w/o synchros and I bought a used output shaft that is still in good shape. I still need to buy a shop press for the bearings and I need to buy a new clutch and aluminum flywheel.

But I do have a manual and I just realized this is the auto forum..
Maybe I should have looked at the post date a little closer..

-Nate
All-Motor Buildup on the way

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3813 Previous topic | Next topic