Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3364
View in linear mode

Subject: "2G TCU Question." Previous topic | Next topic
marks_dsmOct-27-04 02:03 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2004
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3364, "2G TCU Question."

I looked through the FAQ and searched this site and others for hours. I have also followed the advise and tried looking for the TCU to no avail. I have a 95 Talon ESi auto 2.0L. I have looked inside the car, behind the radio. I have found 4 plugs laying horizontally, pluging into 4 plugs, but thats it. No ECU, no "gold" box behind that. Is there a chance that they are located in the engine bay?? If not can someone tell me what is in between battery and the fuse box that looks like it has heat sinks on it. There is 2 of them that have plugs. I pulled the one closest to the front apart. It's some type of computer that is in cased in silicone of some type. I wrote down the numbers off of it.
Does anyone have pictures of where the TCU is located? If not, if I took pics of my car and posted them will someone please point out where it is. It's just a little frustrating after reading the forum, and then going to my car and not finding what everyone is talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is wondering, it's stuck in either 2nd or 3rd gear, so i'm trying to pull the codes or replace it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

madhatter210Oct-27-04 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3365, "RE: 2G TCU Question."
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-27-04 02:26 PM by madhatter210

its behind the radio... look up in the back

this is a good thread
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=3302&mesg_id=3302&page=

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

shybuckOct-28-04 06:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#3367, "RE: 2G TCU Question."
In response to Reply # 1

I have a 95 at and the tcu is in the engine bay on 95's. U read the codes through the 0bd-2 port under the dash. U are probably stuck in 2nd (limp mode) scan your codes and pray u dont get code 36 (internal failure).

ChamukoOct-28-04 09:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#3369, "RE: 2G TCU Question."
In response to Reply # 2

Yes on early cars the TCU is right next to the ECU. Both hace the metal cases with Heat sinks and elcosed in some silicone or epoxy to protect them from the elements.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3364 Previous topic | Next topic