Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3220
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Shift kit - how big of a difference does it actually make?" Previous topic | Next topic
BumpinTalonAug-16-04 10:39 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3220, "Shift kit - how big of a difference does it actually make?"

How big of a difference does it actually make? How fast does it shift? Does it make you go any quicker 0-60? Does it rev to the redline or still shift @ 6,100? Does it kick down a lot more when you go to pass someone?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
soulcontrollerAug-16-04 11:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3221, "RE: Shift kit - how big of a difference does it actually make?"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont know about the 60', but i notice the car shifts a little quicker. that depends on how much you open up the holes in the valve body.

the rpm range is the same, the actual switching of gears is a little quicker though.

dont even worry about the performance aspect of the kit, just do it as preventative maintenance for the trans...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DirtyAug-16-04 02:37 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#3224, "RE: Shift kit - how big of a difference does it actually make?"
In response to Reply # 1

I say get it too. I've got the directions on my site if you wanna give it a look and see if it's something you wouldn't mind doing. It looks alot harder than it is.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3220 Previous topic | Next topic