Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2563
View in linear mode

Subject: "update on tranny install" Previous topic | Next topic
xtreme96gsFeb-08-04 07:38 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2003
264 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2563, "update on tranny install"

First- thanx for the responses to some of the problems I've been encountering, and all the help in the chat room guys. The TC problem was finally solved, the idea about using longer bolts to reach it and then pull it out some worked beautifully. All harnesses etc. are back in place, starter back on ..... But have 1 more question. When I took the tranny out, I never messed with the TC, but I'm not sure if any fluid or how much fluid leaked out of it while it was laying around. I never pulled it out -therefore I never put more tranny fluid in. Question is: when I put fluid back in thru the dipstick to fill the tranny up, will this fluid make its way into the TC if it is needed there? if not what will happen...and how will i know if its not got the necessary fluid in the TC? Basically, what should I be watching out for or whatever?

---Harry. My car topped out at 140 this morning. I need "turvo." Two of 'em. And Harry, I need the glue to be dry by tonight.---

engine:Je Forged pistons .20
Eagle connecting rods
crankscraper
3-angle valve job
mild p/p
Crower stage 2 cams
Crowers valve springs
Aem cam gears
Pacesetter 4-2-1 headers
AEM V2 CAI
Unorthodox underdrive pulley
Final Drive gears from 99 Stratus
Transgo shift kit
Hayden 6 pass trans. cooler

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

soulcontrollerFeb-08-04 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2564, "RE: update on tranny install"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-08-04 02:47 PM by soulcontroller

yep, the fluid will eventually fill up the converter. once its up and running, let the fluid cycle a little bit and check it again. do this a few times till its filled exactly right.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xtreme96gsFeb-09-04 09:28 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2003
264 posts,
#2565, "RE: update on tranny install"
In response to Reply # 1

ok.thx a lot.

---Harry. My car topped out at 140 this morning. I need "turvo." Two of 'em. And Harry, I need the glue to be dry by tonight.---

engine:Je Forged pistons .20
Eagle connecting rods
crankscraper
3-angle valve job
mild p/p
Crower stage 2 cams
Crowers valve springs
Aem cam gears
Pacesetter 4-2-1 headers
AEM V2 CAI
Unorthodox underdrive pulley
Final Drive gears from 99 Stratus
Transgo shift kit
Hayden 6 pass trans. cooler

mcgyvrFeb-09-04 12:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2566, "RE: update on tranny install"
In response to Reply # 2

you shouldve filled the TQ first.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2563 Previous topic | Next topic