Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #205
View in linear mode

Subject: "I've sprung a leak! Need some input..." Previous topic | Next topic
Teamdougie2Mar-12-03 06:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#205, "I've sprung a leak! Need some input..."

I'm leaking AT fluid where the passenger-side halfshaft goes into the transmission. It leaks a small amount just sitting in the garage. Is there a seal right inside the tranny where the shaft goes in? I can't remember. If so, I would think that's the problem. I'm trying to get some input before I pull it out tomorrow.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

WIKKIMar-12-03 08:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#209, "RE: I've sprung a leak! Need some input..."
In response to Reply # 0

yes there is a seal. I think that through the dealer they are only available as a bearing kit (about $55). not too bad though. I have never done one, so I dont know all that is involved.

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #205 Previous topic | Next topic