Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1583
View in linear mode

Subject: "Why do the manuals think we are such a joke." Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsJul-19-03 07:25 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1583, "Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
Jul-19-03 07:27 PM by amljbs

I get so sick of people saying oh your auto you are slow as shit. I have proven to several manuals around here that our shitty little autos can tear their asses up but so many on this board think we are a joke. They have no advantage over us with the mods we have for our tranny excpet for being able to launch much faster. After the initial jump we have the advantage. What do we have to do to get some respect.

Sorry guys just venting and you all are the only ones who would care

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., dfresh, Jul-19-03 11:16 PM, #1
RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., amljbs, Jul-20-03 05:44 PM, #2
      RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., soulcontroller, Jul-20-03 06:24 PM, #3
           RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., jsupetran, Jul-20-03 07:42 PM, #4
                RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Dark Ringleader, Jul-21-03 02:59 AM, #5
                     RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., soulcontroller, Jul-21-03 06:29 AM, #6
                          RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., ThE oRACLe, Jul-21-03 06:36 AM, #7
                               RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Teamdougie2, Jul-22-03 05:40 AM, #8
                                    RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., WIKKI, Aug-17-03 07:05 PM, #9
                                         RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., KLIPZ22, Aug-18-03 05:01 PM, #10
                                              RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., InFiNiT3, Aug-20-03 11:02 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., EclipseRST, Aug-24-03 12:53 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Dark Ringleader, Aug-25-03 06:03 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Joe B Slow, Aug-25-03 06:06 AM, #14
                                                        RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Dark Ringleader, Aug-25-03 07:07 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Nomosun, Sep-26-03 06:21 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., LeakyMitsu, Oct-26-03 11:43 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Franklindsm, Oct-26-03 01:02 PM, #18
RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., discount_tyr420a, Oct-28-03 05:13 AM, #19
RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Teamdougie2, Oct-28-03 03:38 PM, #20
      RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., discount_tyr420a, Oct-30-03 02:24 AM, #21
           RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Teamdougie2, Oct-30-03 03:34 PM, #22
                RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., discount_tyr420a, Oct-31-03 05:50 AM, #23
                     RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., blcktalipse, Nov-03-03 10:26 AM, #24
                          RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Franklindsm, Nov-03-03 01:33 PM, #25
                               RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., WIKKI, Nov-03-03 02:11 PM, #26
                                    RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Franklindsm, Nov-03-03 04:29 PM, #27
                                         RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., blcktalipse, Nov-04-03 07:08 PM, #28
                                              RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., WIKKI, Nov-04-03 08:26 PM, #29
                                                   RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., Franklindsm, Nov-05-03 06:47 AM, #30
                                                        RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke., TeamMichael_97RS, Nov-11-03 06:19 AM, #31

dfreshJul-19-03 11:16 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1584, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 0

keep stomping that ass........

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

amljbsJul-20-03 05:44 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1594, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah we are so damn funny untill we kick their ass and they stop laughing.

1998 Eclipse GST

soulcontrollerJul-20-03 06:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1596, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 2

we dont have the ability to downshift and go as quickly as a manual...

so, basically around town they do have an advantage... downshifting is the r0x0r.

the off the line problem can be solved with a higher stall TQ converter. we still wont be able to downshift like a manual though. thats just the way it is.

jsupetranJul-20-03 07:42 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#1597, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 3

that and the powerloss with the atx.

and my mom say that they are faster and fun to drive, but i love my clipse.

-------jezreel

Dark RingleaderJul-21-03 02:59 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#1603, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 4

5-speeds are much more fun to drive, but what's great about an automatic is as your blazing by some v8 you can be chompin down on your Crispy Chicken Sandwich to make him that much more embarassed.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

soulcontrollerJul-21-03 06:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1606, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-21-03 06:29 AM by soulcontroller

hahahahahahaha dark. that was funny. and true.

manuals are more fun. i do enjoy the challenge of making my a/t fast though.

ThE oRACLeJul-21-03 06:36 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
#1609, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 6

best way to over come the ( slow off the line problem ) weight reduce .. i cant stress this enough .. ive been hella light for over a year now and cant be happier ~~!!~~ im actually looking for more reductions

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

Teamdougie2Jul-22-03 05:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1638, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 7

Who cares what people on this board say!? You should've seen the look on this guy's face the other day when I whooped his ass driving with my knee, eating a sandwich with one hand, smoking with the other at about 120mph. Priceless! Upgrade your TC, add a turbo, and you'll significantly improve your performance.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

WIKKIAug-17-03 07:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#1775, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 8

>Who cares what people on this board say!? You should've seen
>the look on this guy's face the other day when I whooped his
>ass driving with my knee, eating a sandwich with one hand,
>smoking with the other at about 120mph. Priceless! Upgrade
>your TC, add a turbo, and you'll significantly improve your
>performance.

LOL I gotta see that!

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

KLIPZ22Aug-18-03 05:01 PM
Member since May 12th 2002
548 posts,
#1776, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 9

;( you guys give me so much hope

InFiNiT3Aug-20-03 11:02 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#1785, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 10

fuck that bro.......
getting head u can do w/ an auto.. i wanna see a guy drive around town w/ a stick that can get that!!!!!!!!

plus...why the hell hasnt anyone tried the sport-tronic mod?

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

EclipseRSTAug-24-03 12:53 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#1799, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 11

>fuck that bro.......
>getting head u can do w/ an auto.. i wanna see a guy drive
>around town w/ a stick that can get that!!!!!!!!
>

He's right

Sometimes I wish I had an auto.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Dark RingleaderAug-25-03 06:03 AM
869 posts,
#1800, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."

>fuck that bro.......
>getting head u can do w/ an auto.. i wanna see a guy drive
>around town w/ a stick that can get that!!!!!!!!

amazingly enough I know someone who has.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:

Joe B SlowAug-25-03 06:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1801, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."

>plus...why the hell hasnt anyone tried the sport-tronic mod?

Paypall me 999.99 and Ill do it:).

It just isnt worth it. If i were to spend 999.99 on something that will make my car shift maybe 1/2 second faster, id take that money and buy a manual and a start on a turbo kit.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Dark RingleaderAug-25-03 07:07 AM
869 posts,
#1802, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 14

>>plus...why the hell hasnt anyone tried the sport-tronic
>mod?
>
>Paypall me 999.99 and Ill do it:).
>
>It just isnt worth it. If i were to spend 999.99 on something
>that will make my car shift maybe 1/2 second faster, id take
>that money and buy a manual and a start on a turbo kit.

I'd buy hookers... the clean kind...

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:

NomosunSep-26-03 06:21 PM
Member since May 09th 2003
37 posts,
#2002, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 15

Infinit3...
Finally someone who thinks just like me...the only thing im gonna miss goin from at -> mt is the road dome, i mean what can be better?

PIMPGANGSTER

AT-> MT swap coming soon

LeakyMitsuOct-26-03 11:43 AM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
#2151, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 16

do you guys know where the at to mt write up is? please post the link i cant find it.

FranklindsmOct-26-03 01:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#2152, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 17

http://www34.brinkster.com/chamukogs/ATtoMTswapWritten%20by%20Mike.htm

search harder

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

discount_tyr420aOct-28-03 05:13 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
237 posts,
#2160, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 0

hey guys...i know the feeling. but i made a bet with silverNT from the board here...300 bucks to bring my quarter times from 16.8(stock time) to 15.8. already have final drive and tq lockup mod in mind, and if i can get it, an AT shift kit. and if this works....we have improved our times to being a stick for the price of a new clutch for them. and boy do i ever want to show them it can be don

1995 RS AT w/196,000 mile
KYB AGX w/Eibach Sportline($485.0 )
10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport
Toucan Muffler w/2.5" catback
OBX Header w/ hollowed kitty
Port/Polished Head w/ SS Valves

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Teamdougie2Oct-28-03 03:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#2161, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 19

16.8 stock w/ ATX? I don't think so. Are you telling me you ran a 16.8 in COMPLETELY stock form? I call BS.

Doug

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding

discount_tyr420aOct-30-03 02:24 AM
237 posts,
#2170, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 20

dougie...i did run completely stock a 16.8, only two factors tho, a cheap cone filter on stock ait tube from autozone and premium gas. that is it...i promise you.

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Teamdougie2Oct-30-03 03:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#2175, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 21

You must have one hell of a factory freak and know how to race. I'd still like to see a slip! That's great

Doug

discount_tyr420aOct-31-03 05:50 AM
237 posts,
#2178, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 22

haha...well, i ran like an 18.2 first time out, but the next week i got 17.2, 16.8, and 17.1. so at least i can say things are consistant. but if anyone has an idea on how to spend 150 to make our cars go faster with an auto besides the final drive, tq-lockup switch, and a shift kit....let me know, cuz if this works we'll show them sticks what we are made o 15's and 16's with road hummers...lol

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

blcktalipseNov-03-03 10:26 AM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
1067 posts,
#2192, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 23

kinda off topic:anyone know a good shift kit and where to get link plz

FranklindsmNov-03-03 01:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#2193, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 24

Read the very first thread in the A604 Section for shift kit information.

Corbin didnt put it there for a paper weight:thumbsup

joe

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

WIKKINov-03-03 02:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#2194, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 25

Joe that is not like you!

the kit that is available for our cars is the TransGo kit. many of us have done this sucessfully. the best place to get it is here.

http://www.northernautoparts.com/ProductModelDetail.cfm?ProductModelId=2489

please feel free to start a thread if you have any questions on the install. we have a lot of knowledgeable people to help you out. search around in this forum also for some of your questions. there is a lot of info here.

peace
WIKKI

THIS is f**king THIS!

FranklindsmNov-03-03 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#2195, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 26

Yes mothe .

I could have told him everything but then id be a hypocrite later on if I ever tell someone to search for stuf .

But yea, there are lots of companies that make the shift kit.

txchange.com has one too. All about the same price.

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

blcktalipseNov-04-03 07:08 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
1067 posts,
#2198, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 27

thanks didnt mean to act like a noob and not do a search but it was on mind after reading those posts and didnt think about searching sorry bout that didnt mean to piss ya of

WIKKINov-04-03 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#2199, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 28

It's all goo

peace
WIKKI

THIS is f**king THIS!

FranklindsmNov-05-03 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
490 posts,
#2200, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 29

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAI

hahaha jk man

Formerly Gay
*TOTALLED* =(

TeamMichael_97RSNov-11-03 06:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2212, "RE: Why do the manuals think we are such a joke."
In response to Reply # 30

You can make the A604 alright. There is still more power loss through the tranmission. A higher stall torque converter is good, don't stall above 3k rpm or the TCU will go into safe mode, and you'll never get out of 2nd gear. The other big killer in the 1/4 is the time between shifts, auto can take as much as a like 2 or 3 seconds to shift between gears. Shift kit can help that out.

I'll talk to Steve or the guy we use to build auto transmissions and see about shift kits, etc.

The difference in gear ratio's also a factor. The final drive mod will also give you some giddy-up.

For me it's all about fun to drive factor and power loss. Until you start making some serious power, I need all the power to the ground I can get. On a street car I don't see me driving an auto. If I built an obscenely fast drag car I'd concider it.

http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1583 Previous topic | Next topic