Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1318
View in linear mode

Subject: "ecu" Previous topic | Next topic
mikes96Jun-22-03 01:54 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
110 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1318, "ecu"

what are the differences between a mt ecu and at ecu. i know ign cut and fuel cut are higher . has anyone ever plugged a mt ecu into an auto what would happen could it work

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ecu, mcgyvr, Jun-22-03 02:40 PM, #1
RE: ecu, Joe B Slow, Jun-22-03 03:23 PM, #2
      RE: ecu, mikes96, Jun-22-03 05:31 PM, #3
           RE: ecu, Joe B Slow, Jun-22-03 08:22 PM, #4
                RE: ecu, shuwa29, Jun-22-03 09:16 PM, #5
                     RE: ecu, dfresh, Jun-23-03 12:29 AM, #6
                          RE: ecu, mcgyvr, Jun-23-03 01:49 AM, #7
                               RE: ecu, mikes96, Jun-23-03 04:38 AM, #8
                                    RE: ecu, shuwa29, Jun-23-03 08:33 AM, #9
                                         RE: ecu, js99rs, Jun-27-03 08:14 AM, #10
                                              RE: ecu, Joe B Slow, Jun-27-03 08:20 AM, #11
                                                   RE: ecu, mikes96, Jun-27-03 08:34 AM, #12
                                                        RE: ecu, shuwa29, Jun-27-03 10:41 AM, #13
                                                             RE: ecu, Joe B Slow, Jun-27-03 10:52 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: ecu, mcgyvr, Jun-29-03 05:45 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: ecu, mikes96, Jul-08-03 06:38 PM, #16

mcgyvrJun-22-03 02:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1319, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 0

dont think it would work, the ECU needs to communicate with the TCU inorder for the tranny to work, I guess the engine would start but thats about it, you might have a problem getting it to start without doing something with the park/neutral switch too

basically it wont work

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Joe B SlowJun-22-03 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1320, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 1

You have too many sensors communicating with the TCU that a MT ECU woudlnt work, i think anyway. I imagine the MT ECU is set up to recieve certain signals and not recieve certain signals that the TCU would be sending it. So like Mcgyvr said, it'd probably start but I dunno if it'd move very far and efficiently, or at all.

joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

mikes96Jun-22-03 05:31 PM
110 posts,
#1321, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 2

i haven't plugged it in but im thinking about trying it . on the engine schmatics it only looks like there are three pins(a63,a60, and a59) on ecu for atx but im not possitve. im thinking that the tcu reads the ecu and it could be possible to switch them .any one know where i can get a complete diagram of the wiring

Joe B SlowJun-22-03 08:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1322, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 3

What's the point and what's the benefit? Do you need an ECU for your ATX and you found one out of a MTX dsm?

Not to sound like a jerk and stuff, but it seems pretty pointless to fuck around with the ECU and being unaware of the consequences. Ive heard issues of the 97 MTX ECU not being compatible with anything other than 97 MTX ECU's, sounds kinda tricky with the MTX ECU. I wouldnt try it, id try to get a ATX ECU if your goal is to switch out yours with another.

Joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

shuwa29Jun-22-03 09:16 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#1323, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 4

the mtx will work on an atx. but, you will notice no difference at all. the only thing you'll notice is when you are in neutral, you will be able to rev to 7,000 rpm's but while driving, it will be just like before.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

dfreshJun-23-03 12:29 AM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#1324, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 5

so you are sayin that if a person with a 97 auto can buy the afx computer from howell for the 97 mtx and still get the gains?????????? thats the only reason why i think he would be askin this question.............\

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

mcgyvrJun-23-03 01:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#1325, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 6

>so you are sayin that if a person with a 97 auto can buy the
>afx computer from howell for the 97 mtx and still get the
>gains?????????? thats the only reason why i think he would be
>askin this question.............\
>
>dfresh

thats what he is saying but I dont think its correct, like with the rev limiter upped on the afx unit that is done in the ECU for thte mtx while our TCM regulates rev limit,etc..

Mods are:
Not enough

mikes96Jun-23-03 04:38 AM
110 posts,
#1326, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 7

my ecu is fine but i also have mt ecu sitting here. and i was thinking that the ecu regulates the rev limits not the tcu . im running into problems with my n2o keep hitting rev limit getting ing cut. i got a window switch a shift kit and some other stuff but im looking for a way to up the limits . im trying to figure out what the tcu is reading from the ecu . the way im looking at it the tcu is reading the sensors off the trans . and the ecu is sending tps location, rpm, speed.im sure its not that simple but thats why im asking questions

shuwa29Jun-23-03 08:33 AM
2301 posts,
#1327, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 8

the atx ecu will not let you rev as high b/c the tcu is protecting the tranny. that's why the mtx ecu will only let you rev higher when in neutral.
later

2GNT #1865
Shuwa's links:

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

js99rsJun-27-03 08:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#1352, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 9

here is what im thinkin. (just a theory) the ecu does control the rev limit BUT the tcu controls shift points so it does no good to have a high rev limit if you still have to shift at 6,400 rpms. If this is right i would be curious to know if the mtx ecu would work cause then all we would have to do for the afx ecu to work would be to figure out how to raise the shift points on the tcu.

-jason

Joe B SlowJun-27-03 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1353, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 10

It isnt JUST the TCU that handles shift scheduling. The TCU feeds off many sensors, such as the TPS, to figure out when to shift. There are lots of things you'd have to take into account with an electronically controlled transmission.

The efforts would not be worth the gain.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

mikes96Jun-27-03 08:34 AM
110 posts,
#1355, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 11

yeah im looking for a way. i haven't talked to level ten yet but im thinking a mt ecu and the shiftronic controller might do the trick(if it will over ride the tcu) .and yeah the tps and other things are must likely sent to the tcu . well both the at ecu and mt ecu read the tps and other sensors
and the pin count on the two are the same but i want to know what the internal differences are .

shuwa29Jun-27-03 10:41 AM
2301 posts,
#1357, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 12

to rev higher and have higher shift points, you'll need a mtx ecu or howell and a some way to have the tcu let you rev higher also. they work together. one controls how high you rev. and the other controls when the car will shift. so you'd have to trick the tcu or modify it some how for it to let you shift higher along with have the ecu let you rev higher.
later

2GNT #1865
Shuwa's links:

Joe B SlowJun-27-03 10:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1358, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 13

Or just get a MTX to begin with. I know this is all talk and what not but I wouldnt waste my money and time to do all this to the TCU/ECU. Rather just replace the whole tranny myself

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

mcgyvrJun-29-03 05:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#1382, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 14

hey if youve got the money just get the shiftronic from levelten and call it a day, you can do whatever you want with that

Mods are:
Not enough

mikes96Jul-08-03 06:38 PM
110 posts,
#1448, "RE: ecu"
In response to Reply # 15

has anyone here tried the shiftronic from level ten . if so how hard is it to wire in and how does it work .

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1318 Previous topic | Next topic