Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #101
View in linear mode

Subject: "Final Drive Gears on their way" Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsMar-06-03 03:28 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101, "Final Drive Gears on their way"

First of all let me start out by saying Bob Kise is awesome. Easy as hell to order the parts from him and he shipped them same day. Anyways I ordered the gears and 4 Quarts of the Mopar tranny fluid. I need to buy gasket maker. Every one who has done this I know there is a complete walk through which I have but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait to actually gain some descent pickup .

By the way ( for those wondering ) the whole thing from Bob shipped to Florida is $136 which isnt bad at all.

Mods:
Short Ram-Air Intake
Pacesetter 4-2-1 Header
Custom piping from Cat back
Z-sport dragger free flow muffler
Quad Fire Plugs

Future Mods:
UDP
CAI
FINAL DRIVE

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrMar-07-03 04:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107, "RE: Final Drive Gears on their way"
In response to Reply # 0

If you have access to air tools definetly use them, getting the bolts off the stock gears is a PITA, I had to remove my whole front bumper just to get enough leverage to break the bolt/locktite loose

and you need 200ft-lbs or torque on that big sucker.

And make sure you have a big bucket to catch the tranny fluid. It will basically just be pouring out the whole time your working on it.

and loosen each bolt first before removing each one, the pressure from the one gear makes it much easier to hold the other in place.

Good luck, its fun to learn to drive it after, I felt a completely different feeling to the way it shifted,etc..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1998EclipseRSMar-07-03 09:16 AM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
#121, "RE: Final Drive Gears on their way"
In response to Reply # 1

To get that pan off, get a peice of wood an stick it through the tear shaped thing in the front bumper (take that plug out)Then all you have to do is tap the end of the peice of wood on that caseing it'll come off in about 3 min. DON'T TAKE THE BUMPER OFF.

amljbsMar-07-03 10:57 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#122, "RE: Final Drive Gears on their way"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-07-03 10:58 AM by amljbs

I do have air tools so that wont be a problem. So your saying basically put the wood through the false brake scoop and tap the side of the pan with it to pry it off. Anything else I should watchout for or be aware of? Also did you guys just use the gasket maker they listed in the walkthrough or is there something better? I just want to be completely prepared for this so I can basically go out there and have it done quick. One last thing the steering wheel puller, any particular one you guys used or will any one work. Thanks in advance guys.

Mods:
Short Ram-Air Intake
Pacesetter 4-2-1 Header
Custom piping from Cat back
Z-sport dragger free flow muffler
Quad Fire Plugs

Future Mods:
UDP
CAI
FINAL DRIVE

1998 Eclipse GST

WIKKIMar-08-03 04:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#131, "RE: Final Drive Gears on their way"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-08-03 04:21 PM by WIKKI

Any steering wheel puller should do. it is on there tight, but not too tight.

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

KLIPZEDMar-11-03 05:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#169, "RE: Final Drive Gears on their way"
In response to Reply # 4

Is the steering wheel puller something available through autozone and such???If so got a pic of what it looks like so i know im gettin the right thing?

Walker
95 Minden Silver Klipz GS A/T
One day my car will be in one piece
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #101 Previous topic | Next topic