Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #955
View in linear mode

Subject: "quick ? about shift kit" Previous topic | Next topic
shybuckMay-24-03 01:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#955, "quick ? about shift kit"

okay on page 2 step #2 The directions say to install a washer after road testing if a condition occurs. Just wondering if anybody actually installed all that stuff only to rip it all out again to put a washer in, or did u just put the washer in the first time. Or do we not need the washer. Also I cant find a .107 drill bit, I have a .109, What size is the one they included. Thanx.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

soulcontrollerMay-24-03 04:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#956, "RE: quick ? about shift kit"
In response to Reply # 0
May-24-03 04:39 PM by soulcontroller

hmm, i didnt install the washer, i dont think anyone else has either. i ended up getting rid of a lot of the stuff that was in the kit. i think all i used were the new seals/rings, springs, and drlled the holes out to the max.

getting those pistons into back into their cylinders was a pita too...

i dont remember the size of the drill bits. if you dont have the metric, just use a close SAE. i drilled mine out to the max. i think its only 3 holes you have to do. very easy. i used a 5/64 bit for holes c/d, and if i remember right the a/b holes are for the bit w/ the kit.

i would install a tranny cooler too, only a few dollars for one, and heat will kill the a604...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DirtyMay-26-03 04:22 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#979, "RE: quick ? about shift kit"
In response to Reply # 1

I didn't use the washer either. Just another to confirm.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

amljbsMay-28-03 06:12 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#997, "RE: quick ? about shift kit"
In response to Reply # 2

So with a 5/64 bit and the one included would that be all thats needed for the drilling?

1998 Eclipse GST

ChamukoJun-01-03 01:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#1055, "RE: quick ? about shift kit"
In response to Reply # 3

someone should do a nice write up with pics. Hint hint

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #955 Previous topic | Next topic