Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3380
View in linear mode

Subject: "how to: Tranny Flush?" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipticriderNov-04-04 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3380, "how to: Tranny Flush?"

needing to do this on my mom's auto geo tracker

i think thta the problem is that there is a line clogged and keeping the tranny fluid from cooling down... making the fluid breakdown prematurly... the tranny slips allot and the fluid is normally a dark brown burnt color...

any other ideas appreciated. thanks

WTB: Dodge Omni

http://www.geocities.com/shadyporshe851proof/frame_content/indexframe.html

mods: PT Cruiser clutch + 60mm tb + crank scraper the normal mods, bass, lights n all the rest...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Danny95ESINov-04-04 08:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3381, "RE: how to: Tranny Flush?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not sure about the Tracker but most auto trannys are sealed and do not have drain plugs like manuals. This is true for the 420A autos.

You can drop the pan and drain it that way but you only get about 3-4 quarts that way. The rest would still be in the torque converter. This way is messy and you will need to replace the gasket and make sure all bolts are torqued properly to not have any leaks. If you do step and repeat this process over a series of 3-4 days, you will have replaced at least 90 percent of the fluid. While you are in there, you should replace the filter and clean the magnet.

The only way I know of flushing it is taking it to Satan or a Jiffy Lube and have them do a automatic transmission flush. They say that will replace 100% of the fluid.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgNov-04-04 10:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3382, "RE: how to: Tranny Flush?"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-04-04 10:11 AM by thedawg

Yeah, jiffy lube will replace 100% of your fluid with the wrong shit.

Just pull the line off the tranny cooler on the front of the car to drain it. If you were clever, you could rig up another hose to feed clean fluid into the other end.

I don't know shit about Geo's, but burnt and slipping means rebuild.

eclipticriderNov-04-04 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#3383, "RE: how to: Tranny Flush?"
In response to Reply # 2

as it is we syphon out most of the fluid about weekly, and i've changed the filter twice now, first time it looked realy bad, the second it was mostly black but not as bad as before.

if there is some clog in the tranny cooler would there be any way to get that out?

sorry guy's i know this, aint the place for this but it realy isn't too much different from us.

thanks again

mods: PT Cruiser clutch + 60mm tb + crank scraper the normal mods, bass, lights n all the rest...

thedawgNov-04-04 05:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#3384, "RE: how to: Tranny Flush?"
In response to Reply # 3

This is one of those times its worth it to take it to the dealer.

eclipticriderNov-05-04 03:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#3385, "RE: how to: Tranny Flush?"
In response to Reply # 4

yea, i know but we be poo ass Mofos...

thanks again though.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3380 Previous topic | Next topic