Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2679
View in linear mode

Subject: "The annoying ATX !!~!!" Previous topic | Next topic
oRACLe063Mar-22-04 11:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2679, "The annoying ATX !!~!!"

As some of u know ive always loved my atx ... ive been on here for about 4 yrs now .. and never complained until now ....

while cruising on my way home with my lady ... i get cut off by a manual civic .. we are on a 3 lane road im in the right now with him in front of me and a van infront of him ... he passes the van by going into the middle lane and i follow suit... i was going about 35 at the time when i heard his rpms rising fast ... now i nail it to the floor ... o/d off ... no response ... it rose so slowly out of the 2k rpm range ( he was pulling at this point) still through the 3k rpm range it was unusally slow until the end of 3k than we started gaining ...

what is up with that area of our trannies ? the 35 - 45 area isnt to good imo ... the 25-30 mph punch is awesome and so is the 60-65 but that was almost embarressing .. we eventually caught up to him and passed him .. but i got me nervous ... and thats not a good thing ...anyone have any theories or some hard factiods on this ?

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!, python6586, Mar-22-04 12:05 PM, #1
RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!, jsupetran, Mar-22-04 02:19 PM, #2
      RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!, ModeratorCorbin, Mar-22-04 02:44 PM, #3
           RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!, BlueMoonEclipse, Mar-22-04 03:15 PM, #4
                RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!, oRACLe063, Mar-22-04 04:00 PM, #5
                     RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!, ModeratorCorbin, Mar-23-04 06:12 AM, #8
RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!, RyaN95i4, Mar-22-04 10:13 PM, #6
RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!, oRACLe063, Mar-23-04 04:08 AM, #7

python6586Mar-22-04 12:05 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2680, "RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!"
In response to Reply # 0

on mine its just the 35-40 range because that would be at the very top of first gear so the tranny only downshifts to second, but the 45-65 zone is strong as is first gear pull

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsupetranMar-22-04 02:19 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2681, "RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-22-04 02:24 PM by jsupetran

You need turbonium. j/k

But anyway, what have you done mod wise? I've read that your car's pretty fast for an na atx. Have you done the new free mod yet, since it does remove the torque reduction that occurs at the gear change.

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, turbo xs rfl, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

ModeratorCorbinMar-22-04 02:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#2682, "RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Doesn't sound like it downshifted to second. I'm guessing that you were cruising in 3rd or 4th. With the pedal to the floor, I'd expect a downshift to second. Since you were caught trying to accelerate in the 2-3k range, you can't expect to move well. You might want to do some testing to ensure that your TCU is shifting right. Perhaps you could find a deserted road and try to recreate the situation.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

BlueMoonEclipseMar-22-04 03:15 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
#2685, "RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!"
In response to Reply # 3

EEeeek that sucks...

Maybe a sticky solenoid??

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

oRACLe063Mar-22-04 04:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#2688, "RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-22-04 04:01 PM by oRACLe063

no its a flat zone ... i ran some tests ....

2 tries @ 3/4 throttle at 35 mph =
2 tries @ full throttle at 35 mph =

tcu is silly ...

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

ModeratorCorbinMar-23-04 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#2691, "RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Now, was the RPM the same between the tests? Was the only difference the acceleration? If that is the case, then you may be running into the difference between "open loop" and "closed loop" fuel control.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

RyaN95i4Mar-22-04 10:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#2689, "RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!"
In response to Reply # 0

~30mph, the tcu will kick down into 1st-- and higher and it will only kick down into 2nd.

~60mph, the tranny will kick down into 2nd, and higher and it will only kick down to 3rd

You can see why it goes no where when you remember the usual shift points if you went from a stop (1st - 40mph, 2nd - 72mph, 3rd - 120mph)

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

oRACLe063Mar-23-04 04:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#2690, "RE: The annoying ATX !!~!!"
In response to Reply # 6

but for some reason ryan it like a 3/4 throttle ... i think i might be a heat issue ... the tcu doesnt like heat and tries to avoid it @ all costs.. thanks for the input guys

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2679 Previous topic | Next topic