Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1196
View in linear mode

Subject: "MT to AT swap?" Previous topic | Next topic
DirtyJun-11-03 04:35 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1196, "MT to AT swap?"

I know it's usually the other way around, but I'm looking at an avenger with a MT for my wife and she would rather have an AT so I was thinking about swapping the 2. I think I got all the info I need to do the AT to MT swap, but is it just as simple to put the AT in a MT car? I don't know if anyone has done this, so I don't expect to much info, but give me your guesses and logic if you will.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MT to AT swap?, alain95i4, Jun-11-03 04:49 PM, #1
RE: MT to AT swap?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jun-17-03 07:54 AM, #2
      RE: MT to AT swap?, Dirty, Jun-17-03 11:26 AM, #3
           RE: MT to AT swap?, DSMeclipseGS, Jun-17-03 12:22 PM, #4
                RE: MT to AT swap?, euro_clipse, Jun-21-03 10:13 PM, #5
                     RE: MT to AT swap?, Gregstoofast, Jun-25-03 10:34 AM, #6
                          RE: MT to AT swap?, dfresh, Jun-26-03 07:32 PM, #7

alain95i4Jun-11-03 04:49 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1197, "RE: MT to AT swap?"
In response to Reply # 0

mt to at is harder because of rewiring needed for the at computer

But with so many Avenger and Sebring on the used market you would be better to look at another one that is already at
for a start Avenger in the ES trim with the v6 engine are all auto
Stay away, if possible, of the auto i4 ( I know ... I have one)

Alain

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

9D9 MITSU RSJun-17-03 07:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1266, "RE: MT to AT swap?"
In response to Reply # 1

I have an atx computer if you would be interested. This is an easier swap. No clutch, no pedals to add, etc. I have an extra auto shifter as well. eclipse_9d9@hotmail.com or hit me on AIM if you need some parts.

DirtyJun-17-03 11:26 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#1273, "RE: MT to AT swap?"
In response to Reply # 2

The one that I was looking at is sold. I'm still looking, so if I don't get her the V6, it will be a MTX. I'll let you know.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

DSMeclipseGSJun-17-03 12:22 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#1275, "RE: MT to AT swap?"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey man... I got an ATX eclipse so if you do get her a MTX avenger and you wanna swpa I am willing to swap with you completely. I don't know how we'd do it cause you're in Atl and I'm in NJ but I would consider doing it.

euro_clipseJun-21-03 10:13 PM
Member since May 14th 2002
515 posts,
#1317, "RE: MT to AT swap?"
In response to Reply # 4

Just swap body panels imo!

Black '98 GS auto
I-vers intake
Custom ram air
Front & rear strut bars
OBX fog lights w/ fog light mod
RSR rear section
Stereo that goes BOOM

GregstoofastJun-25-03 10:34 AM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1332, "RE: MT to AT swap?"
In response to Reply # 5

ur eclipse is auto right?...the avenger is mtx right? just swap ur atx and her mtx and u'll be set...thats just my .02 cents

<-Eclipse Racer->
cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit

dfreshJun-26-03 07:32 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#1347, "RE: MT to AT swap?"
In response to Reply # 6

^^^^^^^please read all the posts.........computer should be the only problem from what i can tell.......does that mean u would also have to have the mtx ecu from a manuel eclipse also?????

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1196 Previous topic | Next topic