Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1144
View in linear mode

Subject: "shift kit prob?" Previous topic | Next topic
shybuckJun-08-03 10:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1144, "shift kit prob?"

I have installed the kit and have driven the car 300 miles with it in. I have noticed a nice cleaan faster shift pattern. However when I first put it in drive it makes a hard bang that shakes the car. All it seems to down shift really hard and up shift u cant feel. The shift points have changed also. My car used to shift at about 63 mph now it is at about 57 mph. It does feel alot stronger though and like it always wants to go. I am just concerned about the banging.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: shift kit prob?, Joe B Slow, Jun-08-03 01:08 PM, #1
RE: shift kit prob?, soulcontroller, Jun-08-03 01:49 PM, #2
      RE: shift kit prob?, shybuck, Jun-09-03 02:08 PM, #3
           RE: shift kit prob?, Joe B Slow, Jun-09-03 02:10 PM, #4
                RE: shift kit prob?, shybuck, Jun-10-03 01:42 PM, #5
                     RE: shift kit prob?, shybuck, Jun-12-03 04:50 PM, #6
                          RE: shift kit prob?, amljbs, Jun-12-03 05:46 PM, #7

Joe B SlowJun-08-03 01:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1145, "RE: shift kit prob?"
In response to Reply # 0

Have you checked your fluid levels? Did you add a cooler or a remote filter or something like that that would change your fluid capacity requirements?

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerJun-08-03 01:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1146, "RE: shift kit prob?"
In response to Reply # 1

yea, im with joe on this one. if your fluid level isnt exacly right, it will do that.

i periodically check mine, espeically after doing some tranny work. dont forget to check it while its in neutral, and after youve gone through the gears a few times.

shybuckJun-09-03 02:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#1152, "RE: shift kit prob?"
In response to Reply # 2

my fluid level is right on. I did the whole process to check it and it was right up to the top of the hash marks. It is only doing it if u put in r then shift to d with out stopping in n.

Joe B SlowJun-09-03 02:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1153, "RE: shift kit prob?"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-09-03 02:12 PM by Joe B Slow

Wiat a minute. omg dude if youre saying what I think youre saying..

Are you putting your car into D from R without stopping the car first?

Answer that first then ill help you out from there, because if you're doing that your answer is obvious to me.

edit* reread what you wrote, kinda makes more sense. try replacing your input output sensors and see what happens. my car, before i got it back finally, was doing that and the shop replaced my IP OP sensors and problem solved. another thing, check for kinks in your cooling system lines. could be starving the tranny of fluid with a kinked line causing a harsh shift.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

shybuckJun-10-03 01:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#1167, "RE: shift kit prob?"
In response to Reply # 4

no the car is stopped and has no trouble code. That is the only time it does it. When the car is stopped and you put it in r but dont move then pput it in d without moving it slams hard. If u shift from p directly into d no problem. if u put it in r back up, stop then put it in d minor slam. But if u put it in r then n for a second then d there is no problem. The cars is not moving at any point. Also I geussed as to which spring went where on the od and ud pistons, the stock 1's not the 1's in the kit, cause 1 was longer and less firm.

shybuckJun-12-03 04:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#1223, "RE: shift kit prob?"
In response to Reply # 5

ok I have another problem that is probably related. If I shift from 1 to 2 then d while driving It wont go into d unless u wiggle it.

amljbsJun-12-03 05:46 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1224, "RE: shift kit prob?"
In response to Reply # 6

OK it sounds like you have two problems. The harsh shifts even though the fluid is correct sounds to me like a seal on one of your pistons is bad. Now the part where you said you have to wiggle it sounds to me almost like your shiftlinkage maynot be connected properly. Check the shift linkage worst comes to worst youll have to redo the seals in there but now that youve been in there once you should be cool redoing it . Probably not what you want to do but its better than having a wrecked tranny. Also the placement of the springs in the OD and UD pistons is not important it will work either way.

1998 Eclipse GST

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1144 Previous topic | Next topic