Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1033
View in linear mode

Subject: "New mod-------help eccel**************" Previous topic | Next topic
InFiNiT3May-31-03 01:24 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1033, "New mod-------help eccel**************"

ok guys... I was at this local tranny shop who manufactures Race trannys. So I was there just Bs'in with the guys / owner and they were telling me about a mod to help us out with our slow starts although im not totally sure about this.... thy garentee me it'll work......he said " how about swapign internals with the turbo tranny?" im thining "its a diff. tranny" he tells me that the turbo tranny has 2 more pressure plates than ours and will help grab faster. Im thinkin that it might cause us to loose a few more HP. but he swears it works.... that hes dont it for Bushur and that it helps the tranny run long too... I dunno guys... let me know your info on the whole thing...

JAke

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hifloc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New mod-------help eccel**************, Joe B Slow, May-31-03 02:27 AM, #1
RE: New mod-------help eccel**************, amljbs, May-31-03 05:31 AM, #2
      RE: New mod-------help eccel**************, InFiNiT3, May-31-03 08:52 PM, #3
           RE: New mod-------help eccel**************, Moderatorxcasbonx, May-31-03 10:57 PM, #4
                RE: New mod-------help eccel**************, ThE oRACLe, Jun-06-03 08:11 AM, #5
                     RE: New mod-------help eccel**************, js99rs, Jun-11-03 06:01 PM, #6

Joe B SlowMay-31-03 02:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1035, "RE: New mod-------help eccel**************"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds sketchy. Like you said, different trannys. You can just get upgraded internals or maybe a higher stall torque converter. Prolly cost you less for the TC rather than this build hes suggesting.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

amljbsMay-31-03 05:31 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1036, "RE: New mod-------help eccel**************"
In response to Reply # 1

The two trannys are a world apart hell they arent even made by the same people I just dont see that being able to happen.

1998 Eclipse GST

InFiNiT3May-31-03 08:52 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#1038, "RE: New mod-------help eccel**************"
In response to Reply # 2

my thaughts exactly.....he said hes done it b4..... i wanna go back down there and ask for pics..... or maybe the guys phone# that he did it to so i can check it out...just thaught id ask around... see what u all thaught

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hifloc

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-31-03 10:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#1042, "RE: New mod-------help eccel**************"
In response to Reply # 3

Don't trust everything people tell you.

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
blocked off EGR
front/rear strut tower bars
GSX dual piston calipers

ThE oRACLeJun-06-03 08:11 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
#1127, "RE: New mod-------help eccel**************"
In response to Reply # 4

the eclipse he did that to is probably in the junkyeard cause the tranny exploded

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

js99rsJun-11-03 06:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#1213, "RE: New mod-------help eccel**************"
In response to Reply # 5

he may have done this on a 1g. that would make alot more sense

-jason

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1033 Previous topic | Next topic