Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2847
View in linear mode

Subject: "TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches" Previous topic | Next topic
silvreclipsersMay-13-04 11:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2847, "TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches"
May-13-04 11:30 AM by silvreclipsers

Is it safe to run both of these mods at the same time?

Also, where can I buy LED toggle switches cheap?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches, InFiNiT3, May-13-04 12:28 PM, #1
RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches, Keith2172, Jun-01-04 04:32 AM, #2
RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches, mcgyvr, Jun-01-04 05:29 AM, #3
      RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches, Keith2172, Jun-01-04 10:54 AM, #4
           RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches, InFiNiT3, Jun-01-04 10:30 PM, #5
                RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches, Keith2172, Jun-02-04 04:30 AM, #6

InFiNiT3May-13-04 12:28 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2848, "RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches"
In response to Reply # 0

yes.... its safe...... just make sure u run a cooler also.....

radioshack has the led's... and switches.. or light up switches... for very cheep.....3.00 or less

M50 I6 DOHC,dinan CAI , Remus Cat back , Volt. regulator, AA stg II software, Centerforce stg 2 clutch w/ alum dual mass flywheel,Stang 27lb inj.,Rouge chasis kit, Mayle balljoints, M3 X brace, 3.35 diff.Bavauto springs w/ tokito struts/shocks.

1997 GS- RIP
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172Jun-01-04 04:32 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#2980, "RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches"
In response to Reply # 0

Im running both of these at the same time, it helps when Im shifting manually. Hell, it's a wet dream when I shift manually, but if I leave it in drive the tranny shifts at 5k rpms. I thought it was the LED I had hooked up to the TC lock-up switch but taking the LED out of the loop didn't help. Anyone else have this problem? It's been disconnected for like a week and it doesn't change.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

mcgyvrJun-01-04 05:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#2981, "RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches"
In response to Reply # 2

yep it shifts at 5k with the torque reduction wire disconnected, probably a safety feature in the TCU .
IMO the torque reduction mod sucks.. except for 1 to 2 shifts

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Keith2172Jun-01-04 10:54 AM
1281 posts,
#2986, "RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches"
In response to Reply # 3

Do you think/know, whether or not the TQ reduction mod has any negative affects on the Autostick function? Im just getting ready to finish up on Autostick and dont want to have any problems.

InFiNiT3Jun-01-04 10:30 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#2990, "RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches"
In response to Reply # 4

nope u should not have any probs... i reconmend u install a toggle switch tho (inline with the TQ reduction wire)just because u dont want your Low/reverse clutches grabbing that quick all the time... they'll wear quicker (personal exp) *LOL*

jake
ps
throw in a hi stall TQ while your at it.... i can tell your looking for a major change in shifting.. that will be your biggest improvment

The ATX God! *LOL*

Keith2172Jun-02-04 04:30 AM
1281 posts,
#2993, "RE: TQ lockup and torque reduction sensor switches"
In response to Reply # 5

Whatever gave you that idea , Id love to throw one in but money is tight this month, hence the cheap mods. I have a speeding ticket to pay for

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2847 Previous topic | Next topic