Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #122427
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinJan-01-15 06:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122427, "FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA"

My 1995 ESi is off to the scrap yard and I need to sell the engine and trans out of it. First up is a fully built 420A engine for the 1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS/GS and Eagle Talon ESi. It can also be used in the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring having this engine code. The engine has been built to handle the power from an aftermarket turbo kit (not included).

-2.0l 420A block decked and bored 0.020" over
-Polished stock crankshaft
-JE 8.8:1 forged pistons
-Hastings rings
-Eagle H-beam forged rods (extended length for better rod/stroke ratio)
-Balanced bottom end components
-ARP main studs
-ARP head studs
-420A head decked with 3 angle valve job
-Crane 14 turbo cams
-Crane valve springs
-Fidanza adjustable cam gears
-PT Cruiser followers and HLA's
-AF/X aluminum underdrive pulley

The engine has 42k miles on it and runs great. A recent compression test showed all cylinders within 1% of each other. The oil has always been changed with Mobil 1 synthetic. It has passed VA rolling dyno emissions. Even doing the assembly myself, I had to put a lot of money into this engine (I stopped counting at $3,600). I have receipts for the parts and machining. I am looking to get $1,100 for the engine. That is negotiable. You can pick it up in VA (20169) or I can ship by freight. This would be a great shortcut for someone who wants to safely turbocharge their 2GNT Eclipse/Talon.

Next up is is a NVT-350 manual transmission with Quaife LSD for the 1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS/GS and Eagle Talon ESi. It could also be used in a Dodge Avenger or Chrysler Sebring having this transmission code. The transmission has the standard 3.94:1 gear ratio. 1/2" Grade 8 studs have been installed for the rear mount (eliminating a common failure). A Quaife LSD (limited slip differential) was professionally installed. I have put 34k miles on this. OEM Mitsubishi fluid specifically designed for this transmission was always used. It shifts fine and has no known issues. I have the receipt and warranty card for the LSD ($1,200 itself). I would like to get $650 for the transmission with LSD. That is negotiable. You can pick it up in VA (20169) or I can ship by freight.

I also have a South Bend DXD FE full face ferramic clutch disk with higher clamp load VR6 style pressure plate. It is mated to a Unorthodox Racing aluminum flywheel. It is intended for the NVT-350 transmission found in the 1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS/GS and Eagle Talon ESi. I only put about 10k miles on this. It is a fairly easy to drive, streetable clutch (this was my daily driver after all). It was a custom clutch assembly from South Bend. My recollection was that it was intended to hold 475+ ft-lbs of torque. I would like $120 for the clutch with flywheel. I'll ship that for free within the contiguous 48 states (anyone outside of that will need to chip in).

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-01-15 07:03 PM, #1
RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA, iamnotwhoiam, Jan-01-15 07:56 PM, #2
RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA, ez, Jan-01-15 09:04 PM, #3
      RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-02-15 12:15 PM, #4
           RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-03-15 06:59 AM, #5
                RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-03-15 05:51 PM, #6

AdministratorCODE4Jan-01-15 07:03 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122428, "RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA"
In response to Reply # 0

All of these are screaming deals, guys.

Makes me wish I had a rolling chassis to throw these in

---

2012 2500HD LML

iamnotwhoiamJan-01-15 07:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#122429, "RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-01-15 09:08 PM by iamnotwhoiam

WANT! and need!

PM'd

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

ezJan-01-15 09:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#122430, "RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA"
In response to Reply # 2

Any idea how much it is to ship a transmission across the country?

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

ModeratorCorbinJan-02-15 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#122431, "RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA"
In response to Reply # 3

Clutch has been sold. I haven't weighed the transmission, but worst case would be $180 UPS residential to the West Coast. If that doesn't kill it for you EZ, then shoot me a PM with your zip code.

Corbin

ModeratorCorbinJan-03-15 06:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#122432, "RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA"
In response to Reply # 4

Transmission is sold. Still have the engine for sale.

Corbin

ModeratorCorbinJan-03-15 05:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#122433, "RE: FS - Built 420A Engine and MT Trans Quaife LSD Southbend Clutch - VA"
In response to Reply # 5

Engine is sold. Thanks guys. Now I can dump that money into the current pit.

Corbin

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #122427 Previous topic | Next topic