Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #843
View in linear mode

Subject: "DSM shootout 2002" Previous topic | Next topic
jplongJan-09-02 02:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
28 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#843, "DSM shootout 2002"

OK guys we NEED your support here. We need to all "hassle" Buschur to have a NT class this year in Norwalk. Cause rumor has it there will be no NT class. So get your typing in gear and email tim switzer @ tsi4g63@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: DSM shootout 2002, mkerley, Jan-10-02 01:59 AM, #1
RE: DSM shootout 2002, ModeratorVX100, Jan-10-02 02:14 AM, #2
      RE: DSM shootout 2002, jplong, Jan-10-02 03:06 AM, #3
           RE: DSM shootout 2002, evan2, Jan-10-02 03:44 AM, #4
           RE: DSM shootout 2002, ModeratorVX100, Jan-10-02 05:10 AM, #5
                RE: DSM shootout 2002, Teameclipse804, Jan-10-02 08:28 PM, #6
                     RE: DSM shootout 2002, ModeratorVX100, Jan-11-02 03:53 AM, #7
                          RE: DSM shootout 2002, SonicYan, Jan-11-02 04:09 AM, #8
                               RE: DSM shootout 2002, All4thaN0okie, Jan-11-02 04:51 AM, #9
                                    RE: DSM shootout 2002, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-11-02 05:08 AM, #10
                                         RE: DSM shootout 2002, jplong, Jan-11-02 10:49 AM, #11
                                              RE: DSM shootout 2002, endless73, Jan-12-02 04:36 PM, #12
                                                   RE: DSM shootout 2002, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-12-02 06:41 PM, #13
                                                        RE: DSM shootout 2002, ModeratorVX100, Jan-13-02 04:43 AM, #14
                                                             RE: DSM shootout 2002, taloned_dog, Jan-13-02 01:42 PM, #15
                                                             RE: DSM shootout 2002, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-15-02 11:04 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: DSM shootout 2002, 98GST16, Feb-10-02 02:54 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: DSM shootout 2002, TeamMuRiX, Feb-15-02 01:28 AM, #18

mkerleyJan-10-02 01:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#844, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 0

A lot of people hounded him last year and very few people showed (actually I believe there were 2 entries if I remember correctly). So, good luck getting it again.

Star Stage III

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Jan-10-02 02:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#845, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 1

Well, we can certainly try, but because so few NT people showed up despite so many saying "I'll go, I'll go" Dave B. has no reason to run the class. Good luck trying to convince him, I doubt it will happen.

But, it did take the 3000GT class at least a few years before a good number of them showed up, so you could use that as an argument to Dave B. when asking for the NT class to be run again. You could say he should give the NT class the same chance he gave the 3000GT class.

But, he can make money off of 3000GTs, not NTs so he doesn't have as much of an incentive to do this.

Also the three turbo kit cars ran in FWD class (which makes sense) so there were more 420A's entered in the class, they just were in another class.

It looks like and FWD can run in that class, but the fastest FWD cars there run about 12.0 in the 1/4 mile, so we need some low 13 sec cars there (at least!) to make a good impression inthe FWD class.

All the NT people will have to run bracket 2.

Besides, if they do run the NT class again, I'll just win it again. Everyone else will just be fighting for 2nd place. Remember "two is not a winner, three nobody remembers" heh heh heh

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

jplongJan-10-02 03:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
28 posts,
#846, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 2

>Besides, if they do run the NT class again, I'll just win it
>again. Everyone else will just be fighting for 2nd place.
>Remember "two is not a winner, three nobody remembers" heh
>heh heh
you won with a 15.58@88?

Ok now i really want to have an NT class i hope to put down a mid 14 this year. I have columbus DSM writing emails as we speak. i will post on cicncy and cleve as well to do the same. if you are out of ohio please post on your respective local page to hound them to have a class for us. what do you guys think about an open class. any 420A powered T/E with any amount of mods?

evan2Jan-10-02 03:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#847, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 3

well if its bracket racing isnt itall about time consistency.. so wouldnt the time u ran not be a huge factor.. i could be wrong but im curious as well.....

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

ModeratorVX100Jan-10-02 05:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#848, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 3

No, I actually was running slower than that at the shootout. It was hot out, the middle of the day in the middle of the summer, I couldn't get faster than 15.9s. As soon as I got back home I was about 2/10ths faster.

If you can get to mid 14's, great. It's not an easy task. I'd love to see someone beat me with an NT and run 14's. I haven't seen it yet, but I'd like to see it.

Besides, who says I'll only be at 15.5s this summer?

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Teameclipse804Jan-10-02 08:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#849, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 5

I doubt he will have an NT class since he said he wouldn't. BUT if enough NT's show up this year, then he will probably realize that he should create a class next year. Like if a bunch of NT's show up running high 15's and 16's or even 17's like me hehe, it won't really be fun mixing them in with the rest of the cars. Then hopefully, next time he'll realize we need an NT class. Emailing and talk does nothing. Showing up to race like Todd does is what counts. If you guys show up, there will eventually be an NT class. Please don't email Dave unless you really will be going though, because I'm pretty sure he'll get annoyed with a bunch of emails (again) from NT owners asking for an NT class - and then if only a few actually show up, it will just make us look dumb.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

ModeratorVX100Jan-11-02 03:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#850, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 6

exactly

I think at this point, we (as a group of NT owners) have to show we can bring in the number of cars to make the class viable, first, then if Dave B. sees that enough actually show up, then he'll run the class.

And, I'm talking at least 20-30 cars here, not 10 or not even 15. If we can get 20+ then we'll be in good shape.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

SonicYanJan-11-02 04:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#851, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 7

Where is the shootout gonna be this year? If it were any closer to Cali, I'd love to go and strut my stuff. Also so I could kick Todd's ass . Just playing man!!! I don't think I'll ever be able to beat you with my budget. Hehehe...

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

All4thaN0okieJan-11-02 04:51 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#852, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 8

lol... hell..i dont even race my car.but since its in Ohio and you guys need more people to show up ..i'll go up there... just keep us posted on when and where and all that good stuff

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-11-02 05:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#853, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 9

And remember its not like a 30 car meet...Its friggen huge. I am going as long as i can get off of work.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

jplongJan-11-02 10:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
28 posts,
#854, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 10

its is in Norwalk,OH as usual. not anywhere near cali. sorry dude. and columbus dsm may have around 5 or 6 showing up as of right now. but what i wnat to do is ask DB if we get 20 to show up then can we have our own class. possibly have a prepay sign up?....its far fetched i know but hey if someone pays they will most likely show. if we cant get more than the mentioned 20 then yeah it prolly wont be worth his time.

endless73Jan-12-02 04:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#855, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 11

if he has the class again, i'm gonna show up. i'm free this year. gotta give vx100 a run for his money, hehe. }>

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

TeamMichael_97RSJan-12-02 06:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#856, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 12

*hangs head in shame* ^&%$&*%^ third gear...

I'll be there. And hopefully have a good job by then so I can get some more mods in before the shootout.

This year... you're mine Todd!

Yeah Buscher held the NT for 2 years? and didn't have enough interest to make it worth his while. I would love there to be an NT class this year, but I don't see it happening...

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

ModeratorVX100Jan-13-02 04:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#857, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 13

Damn, I should just paint a bullseye on my car!

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

taloned_dogJan-13-02 01:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
162 posts,
#858, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 14

yeah todd your just lucky i didn't get in there in time hahahaha

i'm going to be there again this year and if there is a nt class i will run this time but i still dont have any engine mod's just been working on looks so i mite come in last but i will look hella good doing it. haha
later guys

TeamMichael_97RSJan-15-02 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#859, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 14

"
Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.589 @ 88.22 MPH
2001 DSM Shootout Winner - NT Class
"

You already have painted the bulleye... but if you do it for real make sure to put it on your hood so I can see it in my rear view mirror.

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

98GST16Feb-10-02 02:54 AM
Member since Jan 20th 2002
312 posts,
#860, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 16

Anybody know what times the factory turbo's were running?

TeamMuRiXFeb-15-02 01:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#861, "RE: DSM shootout 2002"
In response to Reply # 17

Guys,

Not trying to be harsh, but you have to show up first before you can demand anything. This will be my third year and the show of 420A's has ALWAYS been very poor. Why should Buscher expect different? I will be suprised myself. Show up in numbers for a change this year and then you can convince him it is worth his while and suprise me all at the same time that people outside of the usual suspects actually show.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #843 Previous topic | Next topic