Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #6722
View in linear mode

Subject: " 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipsekaiserApr-21-03 09:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6722, " 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"

Well kids, there is another ITN rally this saturday. Hope some of you local Inland Empire guys can make it as it will be in our own backyard (ie. Cved, Ian, Weezle, Danny, Erik...etc)

Starting line will be the T/A truck stop in Ontario (I'm sure some of you street racers know where that is), and ends in Temecula somewhere.

I suspect the course will go through the hills of San Bernardino, MOval, Hemet, Winchester...etc around those areas. Road conditions will be similar to Indian truck trail, El Sorbrante, and Caljaco Road.

Here is the link if you need more information.
http://carzero.freeservers.com/ac03fly.htm

Dan (the dawg) and I are planning to rent a car for this occasion, as we both suspect the 1g rally beater might not make it through this rally. My original plan was a Focus on NOS to be competetive with the RRE guys, but we will see what we can find. Anyone got some NOS you want to sell..

-K-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), Moderatorsd_eclipse, Apr-21-03 10:32 AM, #1
RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), ez, Apr-21-03 10:42 AM, #2
      RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), SonicYan, Apr-22-03 07:41 AM, #3
           RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), eclipsekaiser, Apr-22-03 12:53 PM, #4
                RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), thedawg, Apr-22-03 02:05 PM, #5
                     RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), SonicYan, Apr-22-03 08:00 PM, #6
                          RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), eclipsekaiser, Apr-23-03 12:45 AM, #7
                               RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), Weezle745, Apr-23-03 10:16 AM, #8
                                    RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), eclipsekaiser, Apr-23-03 07:51 PM, #9
                                         RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), ez, Apr-24-03 12:27 PM, #10
                                              RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), CVedEclipse, Apr-24-03 03:17 PM, #11
                                                   RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), eclipsekaiser, Apr-24-03 09:54 PM, #12
                                                        RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), SonicYan, Apr-25-03 11:17 AM, #13
                                                             RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), ez, Apr-25-03 01:51 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), thedawg, Apr-25-03 02:19 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), Teameclipse804, May-06-03 06:53 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), thedawg, May-07-03 12:26 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal), kidekat1, May-08-03 11:57 PM, #18

Moderatorsd_eclipseApr-21-03 10:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6723, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 0

I won't be able to make it but if you do get a rental car. Get one from Hertz. For $8 you can get their Neverlost system. In Car GPS . Might take the fun out of using a map but could come in helpful.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezApr-21-03 10:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#6724, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 1

>>>T/A truck stop in Ontario (I'm sure some of you street racers know where that is

ha ha, yup. This is right next door. Hey, doesn't Mikey still have that NOS lying in his room??? I thought not too long ago his mom asked him what was in his room, and he told her it was a fire extinguisher.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

SonicYanApr-22-03 07:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#6737, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 2

Hehe, I don't think I'll be able to go. Have an exam the following monday. I have a few more weeks to salvage what's left of my academic life. Freakin spring break. Anyway, if u guys wanna borrow my nx system, go for it. I wanna see if the thing actually works. Aight, latez.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

eclipsekaiserApr-22-03 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6739, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 3

hehehehehe I'll talk to Dan about NOSing the rental how many shot is it? dry or wet?

-K-

thedawgApr-22-03 02:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#6740, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 4

YESSSSS!!! NOS baby NAWWWWWS!

Hopefully this one will have better weather than the last one~! :o

Video from last ITN Rally: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p79df4ae7876cbb2f9f2cffb9db247bae/fc4a8bf2.mpg

OMG.

SonicYanApr-22-03 08:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#6746, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 5

Its a wet system. Dunno what shot. It has all the jets. I dunno how to mix and match.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT

eclipsekaiserApr-23-03 12:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6749, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 6

Dan, what do you say....you feel like NOSing the Rental. I'
ll IM you tomorrow.

-K-

Weezle745Apr-23-03 10:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#6758, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 7

i have to work 9-5pm on Saturday

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

eclipsekaiserApr-23-03 07:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6774, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 8

Damn, look slike it will be Dan and I again. Hope to see some of you show up if you do change your mind. Call out sick.

-K-

ezApr-24-03 12:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#6782, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 9

Hmmm I kinda got turned off by the first sentence-
"This is not a race."

And then the second one -
" It is intended to be a test of your map-reading "

D'oh! Hey so what backroads go from here to Temecula? I say get Mikey's NX and have some fun in a rental sunfire or whatever.

CVedEclipseApr-24-03 03:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#6786, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 10

damn.. i havent checked the announcement sectino in a while.... dan told me about you two and your rental fun... i wish i could go, but im out of town this weekend... that and i have no car to run... hell, my clipse can barely run as is..

however, i will be going to the Rim of the World Rally event in palmdale next on next fri/sat.... ill prob be done there on sat, if any of you are interested in going... should be a badass event.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

eclipsekaiserApr-24-03 09:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6787, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 11

Who says it is not a race... tell that to the RRE guys sporting 300-400hp AWD cars on a tight bend to a blind crest. Or better yet to the underpowered Neon trying to keep up It is alot of map reading, but somehow it always ends up being a race of somekind as you find yourself behind, trying to make it to the check point in the alloted time.

I think it will be fun, as long as we finish the rally within the top 3 of our class. I noticed last time alot of the SoCal 3G guys are takign the podium. I think that must change and put a 420a motor in there.

And 7 hours driving, I'm sure Dan will get sick of it..

Cved, check the link for the next available street rally. I will try to attend the RIm rally as well. Lots of cool SCCA pro cars, and with no pace note, it gets crazy.

-K-

SonicYanApr-25-03 11:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#6793, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 12

Hehe, Dan picked up the kit last night. Good luck with that thing.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT

ezApr-25-03 01:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#6795, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 13

>>>Who says it is not a race.... tell that to the RRE guys sporting 300-400hp AWD cars on a tight bend to a blind crest. Or better yet to the underpowered Neon trying to keep up

cool, have my interest again! that site must have downplayed it for legal reasons or what not. I'd like to just see those RRE guys

ha ha Cved - Homestarrunner! that's some funny stuff

Wondering if I'll go just to watch. tho this weekend I might help Weezle with his shifter problem, if he gives me a call

thedawgApr-25-03 02:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#6796, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 14

Ladies and germems we have NAWS. Bottle is filled and we is ready to 0wn the rally EZ, hook up with Mikey, he wanted to go to, you guys should run it man!! Its not crazy unless you want it to be, or if your name is Kaiser.

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/users/gparmer/articles/neon/

Teameclipse804May-06-03 06:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#6924, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 15

How'd it go? Did you really NOS your rental?

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

thedawgMay-07-03 12:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#6938, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 16

We ended up getting a Ford Focus sedan from the rental company, and could not retrofit the whack ass fuel system to work with the NOS in time.

Therefore... and not suprisingly... we took dead last place.

But we didnt stop there... we also set a record for worst score ever in the history of ITN 8 hour rallys.

We were the only economy car in the field, and amusingly enough, we were also the only car to RUN OUT OF GAS on course. Sure, it probably had something to do with running it almost constantly in passing gear, and something to do with going back 3 or 4 times trying to get more air off the last jump, or more water to splash out of the river, but hey, blame it on the Fookus.

^^^ Definitely NOT a good rally car.

^^^ Closer... but STILL NOT a good rally car. (Sorry Colin)

kidekat1May-08-03 11:57 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
20 posts,
#6960, "RE: 4/26/03 Angel's Crown 7 hour street rally (SoCal)"
In response to Reply # 17

Hahahahaha, Kaiser was telling me about the rally afterward. It was pretty sorry how you went from 2nd place to last and worst record holder.

Better luck next time. He did mentioned something about a 6/21 Lebec rally, but that is also on my B-day..."P.

Cyndi

97 Spyder. Mods here and there.

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #6722 Previous topic | Next topic